Rouen eggs pip!

So super cute!! Rouens are such handsome ducks when grown up, too! Any progress on the others?

Right? They’re so beautiful!

Still making new cracks and I keep hearing chirping. Maybe tomorrow or Friday? There is one egg that I can’t see any pips on, but again, it could be at the bottom. All the others are still progressing with more cracks every time I see them. Hoping they all survive.

:wee:wee

Attachments

• 6E7CC889-612A-4553-92B8-E4839957D531.jpeg
    6E7CC889-612A-4553-92B8-E4839957D531.jpeg
    362.7 KB · Views: 1
Question about the chicken grit. Do I put that in a separate bowl or mix it in with their food? I’m going to start giving them “snacks” later and I know they need grit to digest it.
While they are on duckling feed for the first week or so, they don't need grit. Once they get snacks, I offer it separately. I really don't give them snacks though until they have their feathers in and are nice and steady on their feet. Some others may chime in or maybe ask in the duck section for a better way to do that, but that's what I do. :)

While they are on duckling feed for the first week or so, they don't need grit. Once they get snacks, I offer it separately. I really don't give them snacks though until they have their feathers in and are nice and steady on their feet. Some others may chime in or maybe ask in the duck section for a better way to do that, but that's what I do. :)

Awesome, thank you. I put in the order for the grit so I can just have it on hand.

Another one hatched this morning. I have six! The remaining two don’t look too good. They’re getting dark and I haven’t seen any progression in pips for a while.

Another one hatched this morning. I have six! The remaining two don’t look too good. They’re getting dark and I haven’t seen any progression in pips for a while.

Six! That's great! 😍

The remaining two... how long have they been inactive? Did they externally pip? How long ago? At a certain point, you may want to candle them to look for movement.

Back
Top Bottom