Rouen Egss HATCH DATE IS CLOSE

C97E136A-620D-4B62-AEAE-C9C06CF72E7B.jpeg
Ok I finally got a pic. I can still see movement through the air cell so I think the duck is alive. My heat is at 65.5 C and my humidity is at 68%. The water is still drained is that ok? Thank you!

The air cells are very small for this stage of incubation, unfortunately :( Running dry is all we can try to help fix that. Are you sure your hygrometer is accurate? Because 68% totally empty is not something I would expect.

Also, was 65.5 C a typo? Because that would be nearly 150 degrees F, and those eggs would definitely be dead at that temperature.

Ops it’s was a typo. Sorry I meant 36.5 C. I opened the top and someone in my family put water in there. I’ll drain it. How do I know if it isn’t forced air? Thanks so much!
image.jpg

You want it set to 37.5 instead of 36.5 :) Do you have a thermometer in there to make sure it's actually at the temperature you have it set to? Those digital displays on those cheap incubators are often not very accurate.

You'll know it's forced air because it will have a fan. If it doesn't have a fan, it's still air.

You want it set to 37.5 instead of 36.5 :) Do you have a thermometer in there to make sure it's actually at the temperature you have it set to? Those digital displays on those cheap incubators are often not very accurate.

You'll know it's forced air because it will have a fan. If it doesn't have a fan, it's still air.
image.jpg I think there is one, but I’ll put my ZooMed Digital Thermometer in there just be sure. Thank you so much for all of your help. And I don’t see a fan.

Back
Top Bottom