Rouen Laying Green Eggs?

I've never had a layer change egg colors... get lighter over the course of the season, but not change color. So you may have a green laying rouen! :)
I'm assuming after reading the thread link you posted that it's one of those not common, but it happens type of things. It's certainly interesting thank you!

Yes, my mallard lays green eggs but that is more common then rowens. Runners can lay green eggs too though so maybe it cold be that, even though the rowen was sit-in non the green egg? I would just assume you got a special duck!
I definitely assumed at first that either my Mallard or runner decided to take over my Rouen's nest, but when I saw the Rouen sitting on the egg I was confused to say the least😅 I already have a rare colored duck and several of a rare breed of duck so I guess why not a green egg laying Rouen?😂

Hi everyone! I'm new here to the forum, but not new to ducks. However, I am new to Rouen's ( I usually stick to my Hookbills and Runners) but a friend fell into some unexpected hardships and asked if I would take in their ducklings and in the mix was a female Rouen. Now my other girls all have their usual nests, but one nest was never used until the Rouen female started to reach the 6 month mark. She is about 7 months now and over the past 2 weeks I have been finding a green egg in my Rouen girl's favorite spot, but I never saw anyone actually sitting on the egg and assumed one of my other ducks was laying there now. I decided to going out a little earlier this morning to see if I could catch whoever was laying in the nest and sure enough the Rouen was sitting on a green egg in her favorite spot. Now I have always been told Rouen's lay white eggs and everything that I have read online tells me the same thing, so my question is has anyone else had a Rouen lay green eggs? Thanks!

My Rouen always lays green eggs. I always thought it was the normal Rouen egg color! :idunno

Hi everyone! I am looking for green rouen hatching eggs. I have Rouen who lay green now and I want new bloodlines.

Many ducks can lay green. This comes from the mallard ancesrtry and has been mostly bred out of Rouen and Cayuga due to SOPs.

Anyone with info on green laying Rouens or green laying cayuga, please message me.

Hi everyone! I am looking for green rouen hatching eggs. I have Rouen who lay green now and I want new bloodlines.

Many ducks can lay green. This comes from the mallard ancesrtry and has been mostly bred out of Rouen and Cayuga due to SOPs.

Anyone with info on green laying Rouens or green laying cayuga, please message me.
EC8D9A89-DAA7-47C0-9F93-BCCF8E5832E4.jpeg
98A277AD-3318-4B5D-88CF-AB5096B1A61B.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom