Roux Dilute/Egyptian Coturnix Quail Discussion Thread

IMG_20190926_173830.jpg

I actually still have no idea on that lacier-looking darker type. It's like a perfect hybrid of lavender, silver/blue, pharaoh/falb-fee (that red mantle!), golden, rosetta, and pansy :hmm Which of those it actually genetically carries is anyone's guess.

I guess it *could* be a female silver-type roux, counterpart to the male next to it, with some extra pattern. Real nutty one if so though. Good at mimicking literally everything else.

I have no idea on this one either. Could be a lav man, could be a (literal or metaphorical) dirty snowie, could be a silver-diluted golden type.

The exact shade changes more than you'd expect with the fancies between 3 wks and 6 wks so you can probably clear this up by then.

Grab-bags are amazing and infuriating for control freaks.

Now you now why all of my fancies have 3-gen pedigrees and half-completed color genomes and I track every hen's egg production individually. :lau

I have no idea on this one either. Could be a lav man, could be a (literal or metaphorical) dirty snowie, could be a silver-diluted golden type.

The exact shade changes more than you'd expect with the fancies between 3 wks and 6 wks so you can probably clear this up by then.

Grab-bags are amazing and infuriating for control freaks.

Now you now why all of my fancies have 3-gen pedigrees and half-completed color genomes and I track every hen's egg production individually. :lau
I'm going nuts trying to learn what colors I have.
I'm almost ready to quit and start over with the learning of colors in two weeks when mine are bigger. :barnie

Back
Top Bottom