Rubber (shell-less) egg?

Areed

In the Brooder
Nov 15, 2020
I have 12 hens that were born in April and have been laying 8 to 10 eggs every day since September. I found an egg this morning that didn’t have a shell and was laid up on the roosting board instead of in the nesting boxes. I freely offer oyster shells for calcium in addition to their commercially prepared layer feed. They also forage in a fenced in yard. Should I be concerned about this egg I found this morning? When they first started laying I found one like this - in the same spot but attributed it to them being new to laying.

Nov 14, 2020
Pennsylvania
Then that's your problem. As it gets colder, (then it is, you're in Canada for crying out loud😄😄) their bodies need a little time to adjust to this colder, darker weather. You may get a few more shell-less eggs as the winter progresses.:thumbsup

Areed

In the Brooder
Nov 15, 2020
Then that's your problem. As it gets colder, (then it is, you're in Canada for crying out loud😄😄) their bodies need a little time to adjust to this colder, darker weather. You may get a few more shell-less eggs as the winter progresses.:thumbsup
Ok just wanted to make sure. Thank you

Top Bottom