Rubber (shell-less) egg?

Areed

In the Brooder
Nov 15, 2020
I have 12 hens that were born in April and have been laying 8 to 10 eggs every day since September. I found an egg this morning that didn’t have a shell and was laid up on the roosting board instead of in the nesting boxes. I freely offer oyster shells for calcium in addition to their commercially prepared layer feed. They also forage in a fenced in yard. Should I be concerned about this egg I found this morning? When they first started laying I found one like this - in the same spot but attributed it to them being new to laying.

Then that's your problem. As it gets colder, (then it is, you're in Canada for crying out loud😄😄) their bodies need a little time to adjust to this colder, darker weather. You may get a few more shell-less eggs as the winter progresses.:thumbsup

Then that's your problem. As it gets colder, (then it is, you're in Canada for crying out loud😄😄) their bodies need a little time to adjust to this colder, darker weather. You may get a few more shell-less eggs as the winter progresses.:thumbsup
Ok just wanted to make sure. Thank you

Back
Top Bottom