Ruby the egg moving chihuahua...?

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by clairabean, Dec 12, 2011.

1. clairabean

clairabean Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2010
    Kootenays of BC!
    I was in a super rush to get to my daughter's Christmas concert, so I emptied my pockets of three eggs and just stuck them in the front door on the stairs. The chickens were closed up for the night, but the eggs had to wait until I got home to be washed and put away.

Fast forwards two hours later. We come home and settle in and I happen to walk by Ruby, our 9lb chihuahua`s bed. Snuggled in are the three eggs I had left on the stairs. I gently picked the eggs up and they are unmarked! Not a chip or crack at all! It amazes and boggles me HOW our dog moved the eggs, across the hardwood floor, maybe in her teeth, without smashing them.... Amazing. [​IMG]

2. new2chickens2011

new2chickens2011 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2011
    Haha! How cute! [​IMG]

3. showbizombie

showbizombie Out Of The Brooder

Dec 12, 2011
    That's pretty amazing xP Next you'll find the dog sitting on the eggs trying to hatch them hehe

4. reptilepat

reptilepat Out Of The Brooder

Feb 6, 2010
    wow! if that happened to with my little rat terrier, she would've crushed them and made the biggest mess possible..

5. MNShepherdess

MNShepherdess Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2011
    Minnesota
    Oh how adorable!!! I remember my dog Fluffy (yes, 4 year olds are creative....) who tried to "mother" a baby bunny, or really anything baby, ducks, chicks, etc. Also had an "Easter bunny". Was searching through the hay bales for eggs one day, and had to chase one of our tame loose rabbits out of the way, and she had 9 EE eggs under her. HEHEHE. I think it was close to Easter even. [​IMG] Animals are so funny and crazy!

~Rayna~

6. clairabean

clairabean Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2010
    Kootenays of BC!
    [​IMG] Thanks, I think it is funny.

The dog is not really allowed around the chickens, never seen an egg, really. Never in the coop. I am worried she will get attacked by our huge BO roo, her being 9lbs and the roo being 20ish lbs. Maybe she thought the eggs were her toys. [​IMG]

7. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    Oh, if only you had a pic of your little chi nesting with the three eggs! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by