RUBY WENT TO THE VET TODAY

I know there are people out there who think you're nuts to spend that kind of money on a chicken, but they don't think twice about it when it comes to spending it on a parrot or dog.
I was getting ready to plop down $500.00 that I didn't really have to spare to do beak surgery on my pet chicken with a scissor beak. They do it for parrots. Why not on my little chicken, she was a better pet than a parrot as far as I'm concerned. I took her in once a month for a check up and a beak trim. She cost me plenty and was worth every penny.
She died this spring about a month before she weighed enough to have her surgery.

Hope your Ruby recovers quickly and keeps you company for a long time to come.

Love the poop squirt story.

Kin...she's only getting 1/2cc. I've also sent you a pm.

Farmer: sorry to hear that your sweet chicken didn't make it.

My theroy is: she was bought as a pet and that's what she is, regaurless of what species. I am not going to just sit and watch her suffer until she dies. To me, that's animal curelty. I spent thousands on my dalmation (he's since passed) to have surgeries for various things. Cancer got him in the end, but you bet your bottom dollar I was at the drug store for about the first mo. after finding out he had it to buy him med. Do I have the extra money to spend on Ruby? Not really, but I will sacarfice other things to take care of her.

So, anyone need a babysitter, house cleaner, gopher, cook, shoe shiner.....
lau.gif

I hope Ruby feels better, soon.

It saddens me to see that you do not live in Wisconsin. I really WOULD hire you to do something around here. I'm not sure what, but there's certainly enough to choose from!
lol.png

I'm with you Chickaroo. A pet is a pet and I would do for one of my chickens just as I would my dog or one of my horses. Some feel that chickens are disposable pets not worthy of a veterinary visit but I disagree. I wish you lived near me in New Jersey. I would hire you too!! Just built a new barn and have lots of stuff to do!!
yippiechickie.gif

Kim

Funny Kim, This morning before I left for the day I wrote "I'm with you Chickeroo!", was pleased with the unanticipated rhyme, and then the computer crashed before I could post. Had to leave but now back and there was your post. Ditto what Kim said!

I'm in NJ too Kim - nice to meet you.

JJ

Nice to meet you too JJ !!

Spotted Crow you are my hero!!! Chest compressions on a frog?!! That' great!!
wee.gif

Kim

Back
Top Bottom