Rude Person

greenfamilyfarms

Big Pippin'
11 Years
Feb 27, 2008
Elizabethtown, NC
I recently received an email in response to an ad I had on Craigslist. This the message that I received:

"Hello

I need your phone number and address for a mapquest.

Thank you"

No name, no identifying info. Just the initials db in sender line.

So, I sent this reponse:

"Are you interested in just the Welsummer chick or other chicks?

Please let me know."

Then, I got the same exact email AGAIN! Weird, right! So this is what I said back:

"I'm sorry,but are you a real person? If I get this same email message again, I'm going to assume that you are not a real person."

Got the same response AGAIN except with a few changes:

"hello

yes this is a real person but you did not answer the requested info, that's way you got a (2) request.

I need your phone number and address for a mapquest.

thank you"

So, I sent a reply of:

"I'm sorry, but you didn't answer my question either. I don't mean to be rude, but I'm not going to send you my info until you answer my question. I need to know since I have other people interested in the chicks also.

Thank you."

Then, I TRIED to explain very nicely that it is a part of biosecurity for my flock and to protect myself. They got angry and flagged all my posts on Craigslist. They still refuse to give me their info, even their name.

How should I handle this person? This is just silly and immature.

Last edited:
Don't handle them at all.
No reason to continue this conversation, don't you think?
I mean do you really want to invite this weirdo onto your property?

Sell the chicks to someone else and let this crazy person go...

I would just ignore it, I got message almost like that on here, and it basicaly said I need your silkie eggs tell me when blahh etc. but it was in a jibberish sorta way, that makes you read it 5 times over just to understand.

This guy sounds like he's trying to scam you. If this person knows where you live and what you have I'll bet you'd find some of your birds stolen.
I wonder how many people would respond without thinking?

I have people do the same thing to me. I eventually end up ignoring them. I also try to never meet people at my house.

Yes sounds like spam and they were rude. I would not answer again. It's always a good idea to get a free yahoo or hotmail account just for craigslist. That way you don't have to worry about junk going in your main email account. Lots of spam on craigslist. Uncle Henery's too.

Back
Top Bottom