Rumpless Chicks, Are they Rare/Special?

kelseygirl707

Dances with Chickens
10 Years
Mar 3, 2009
Lakeport, Ca.
So I hatched our some babies and one is this giant yellow fluff ball with very fluffy cheaks, and I was having pasty butt issues with it, and that's when I realized it was rumpless! Then I realized that a second one was rumpless! Because there is no tail there is nothing blocking the fluff from getting in the way when it poops. So is rumpless a good thing, or a bad thing?

Ok so I'm dumb, I just went to the breeders personal page and saw that she has a rumpless Roo, LOL, I don't know why I didn't notice before
idunno.gif
. Her roo is beautiful, So I'm guessing Rumpless is a good thing......

Here are some pics, the chicks are wet (I just finished cleaning their pasty butts, lol) but that makes it easier to see their rumplessness.....
lau.gif

24137_a_rumpless_chick_1.jpg

24137_a_rumpless_chick_2.jpg

Last edited:
Araucanas are a rumpless breed. But they have tuffs, not muffs. Maybe do a search on Araucanas and see what you can find. Who did you get the eggs from?

I got them from AHappyChick, Thanks sooo much for the eggs, even with horrible humidity problems at hatching I got beautiful babies! If my Humidity problems hadn't been so bad, I would have gotten at least 5 more.

Yes they came out of blue eggs, I think, I had both Blue and brown eggs in the bator, but I would assume they came from the blue eggs

I believe they are mixed breed, I just bought a big ol lot of 30 for a really go price, I believe all her chickens run together, but she has a pure white rumpless roo.

Back
Top Bottom