Run Away Chicken Breed

There's two or three more birds. My Husband is going to flip if I start feeding them all, but it's probably going to happen at this rate 😅😆 I might need to start thinking about a new coop.... We shall see. I need to make sure the original owners are actually gone before I adopt thier birds.
I would totally just take them, and if their original owners are still interested, or even there, they can look for them, ask, or you can say something. Keep trying to find out, but I hope you can just smuggle them all.😏

IMG_20220123_113446~2.jpg

Not the best picture, but I think you see what happened...
This morning 3 more buttercups showed up, they look a little rough, but it could just be that they're moulting. No sign of the other Fayoumi yet. So I guess the day care is officially open. This whole situation has been crazy, 5 birds in total. It's officially time to build another coop.

I feel like you should just take possession. Both breeds are not for the faint of heart and people shouldn’t have them if they aren’t prepared for them. Flip flopping between properties could spread diseases and the like.
Yeah biosecurity went out the door a while back. I'm keeping a close eye on them, I think we're in the clear so far, first contact was in November. As soon as I gain the trust of the new birds and get a coop together I'm going to coop them up for a bit and see if I can't get them to stop roosting in the trees. I already have the first two that showed up roosting with the silkies, I split the coop in half with wire, just to avoid any possible issues if I didn't let them out right at dawn. There's a door on each side so I just pick them up and put them in before dusk and they try to get in the trees. I think some of these birds are going to go live with my Mom. We're already drowning in eggs and they're not all even laying right now.

Back
Top Bottom