Run gate - hung on t-posts - I would like to see yours.

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by capayvalleychick, Feb 12, 2014.

1. capayvalleychick

capayvalleychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2010
    Guinda CA
    I would like to see examples of gates that can be hung on t-posts. I would especially like to see if it's possible to have a gate that is durable and not ugly, without having to concrete the support posts in the ground. [​IMG]
    Thanks in advance!

2. blucoondawg

blucoondawg Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2013
    Northern Wisconsin
    You wouldn't necessarily have to concrete the posts to support them, you could also run a wire at an angle from the top of the gate post to the bottom of the next post in the fence line, this will give you a good support so the gate won't sag

1 person likes this.
  3. juststruttin

juststruttin Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 9, 2010
    California
    No, but I have a hog panel attached to a 2 x 4 with a stable for a hing and it works great. I will get a photo later today

1 person likes this.
  4. aart

aart Chicken Juggler! Premium Member

Nov 27, 2012
    SW Michigan
    My Coop
    I mounted a 2x2 onto a Tpost by drilling holes in the back web of the Tpost and screwing the wood on thru the holes, then mounted the door hinges onto the attached 2x2...does that make sense? Here's a pic.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. yogifink

yogifink Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2013
    Pinebluff, nc
    My Coop
    Not sure what you mean by t-posts? Here are a few gates I have made around our house.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. aart

aart Chicken Juggler! Premium Member

Nov 27, 2012
    SW Michigan
    My Coop
    This is a tpost

Cast iron posts that are pounded into the ground to hold welded or woven wire fencing.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by