Runner-drake-youths, give-away to good home

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Enigmius, Aug 23, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Enigmius

Enigmius Songster

Jan 5, 2018
    Mansfield, Tx
    OK. I had hatched 8 eggs this summer, and it looks like 6 are black runner drakes. Unfortunately I will have to re-home 4 to 5 because I now only have 5 female runners and limited on the size of flock due to convenance. The father drake was a calm cucumber with lots of personality, which is why when he was taken by a hawk I decided to hatch out his offspring. If you live in the DFW(North Texas) area or are otherwise interested in adding a black runner drake to your flock, please let me know.
    Thanks.

ValerieJ, Jpat, DuckyDonna and 3 others like this.
  2. quackiemama

quackiemama Free Ranging

Dec 26, 2018
    MARYLAND
    I hope you find homes for your boys ASAP :fl

3. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Wrangler

Oh boy must be the year of the drake I hatched out 6 and 5 were drakes. I was blessed to have a good friend find homes for 4 of the boys and I kept the youngest. Now I have 2 Runner drakes not sure how that will work out. Sure hope you can find homes for yours @Enigmius . Did you post on the Texas state thread?

4. Enigmius

Enigmius Songster

Jan 5, 2018
    Mansfield, Tx
    I haven't posted there, no. But will do. Thanks for the heads up.

5. WannaBeHillBilly

WannaBeHillBilly Crossing the Road

Sep 2, 2018
    Big Chimney, WV
    My Coop
    Wooot! The year of the drake?! I truly hope not!
    I just hope that out of the seven little ducklings Katharina has hatched only one or two turn out to be drakes drakes. I could maybe deal with a third one, but only when they are as calm and nice to the girls as Limpy is…
    @Enigmius Good Luck with re-homing the drakes. The count will be proud of you!

6. Enigmius

Enigmius Songster

Jan 5, 2018
    Mansfield, Tx
    Yeah. Ol' Count Blackula reproduced himself in spades. The one I keep, I will name Vlad. I have to keep the theme going. I hope I can find homes for the other 4 or 5. Luckily I have some time. They become "masculine" for a while yet.. right?

ValerieJ and WannaBeHillBilly like this.
  7. DuckyDonna

DuckyDonna Free Ranging

Aug 26, 2018
    Dallas, Georgia
    Don't be so sure! My runner baby drakes are not even 3 months old and are acting like dirty old men already raping and pillaging.

8. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Wrangler

My little Runner drake Peanut is 9 weeks old and isn’t showing any hormonal tendencies yet thank goodness.

9. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Wrangler

ValerieJ and WannaBeHillBilly like this.
  10. Jpat

Jpat Free Ranging

Apr 30, 2018
    Nova scotia
    Just for the heck of it you should post some pictures :drool

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: