*~*Runner Duck Club*~*

I just got ducklings from him this previous week. Since I don't live too far I was just able to go pick them up. He only has standard colors in Penciled, Fawn and White, and White. He downsized on colors and it wasn't long ago but he sold his last blacks. I haven't asked about his rare color assortment. These are my ducklings:
I
It was really cool to go and meet him personally. We got lost on his farm a little and accidently pulled into a neighbors house but while we got lost I saw his runner duck pen and they were really good looking.

hi,
just wondering how long it takes to tell if a runner is a drake. I got a duck about 3 months ago and it was a few weeks old when I got it and I thought I was a duck but in the last few weeks its gotten a curl in one of its tail feathers so im a bit confused of what it is...
thanks for any help :)

hi,
just wondering how long it takes to tell if a runner is a drake. I got a duck about 3 months ago and it was a few weeks old when I got it and I thought I was a duck but in the last few weeks its gotten a curl in one of its tail feathers so im a bit confused of what it is...
thanks for any help :)

I think at that age you can tell by the noise they make. If it's a louder quack/honk, then female. If it's a raspy, froggy quieter noise, then male. If I remember correctly, my boys didn't get their drake curl until 5 to 6 months old

Everyone in the runner duck club, I have two healthy fawn and white indian runner drakes (both 1-year-old) in need of re-homing. They are brothers, best buddies, and partners. Very mild mannered, tolerant of being handled, and aren't too rough with the girls. Very good protectors and guardians of their flock. Would be great for breeding stock (their sisters started laying at 6 mos. old, and layed reliably through the winter), or will just make a great addition to your flock.

Must have experience with water fowl, and must currently have a flock. These two are meant to live with a group. Must live in Northern CO (will not ship). Trying to have them re-homed by this Sunday (4/26).

(We are getting rid of our whole flock because our environment is not conducive to happy duck living. 3 of the 6 females from our flock have gotten pretty bad bumblefoot from the rocky, dry compacted ground. It is only getting worse as the weather heats up. All 6 females are going to a friend with more land that is grassy and will hopefully be rehabilitated. Unfortunately, they don't want the drakes, which brings me here. The drakes seem to be tougher, and though they have some cracks in their feet, they don't seem to show signs of bumblefoot.

It goes to say that indian runners are small ducks, and bring more value to you alive rather than dead. It wouldn't be worth the work to process them, plus their personalities will bring you much more happiness alive.)

Last edited:
Are these runners??

Back
Top Bottom