*~*Runner Duck Club*~*

Amazing, Congratulations. make little ducklings and make some money back, maybe. or just enjoy your beautiful ducks. I am happy for you

Making money back is hahaha.. well no. I have already sunk that boat. I technically could ask a dollar for 6 non-fertile eggs, 1 dollar for a fertile egg, 10 dollars for a baby chick/adult duck... maybe 50 dollars for a high quality duck... but it will in no way compensate all the money they cost that I don't even try :')

Plus; I kinda want to breed agáinst the people that bluntly ask money for 'so called pure Indian runner ducks' just to make money. The people that don't even háve Indian runner ducks. Just buy a lot of eggs for 1 dollar, put them in a breeder and resell the chicks for 10 dollars to make an extra 100 bucks a month while they have a job that makes 2400 dollar a month (above average income).. That's just cheap over the back of animals. That's not frugal; just cheap. The 100 dollar I could make 3 months a year on ducks does not outweigh the costs, ánd the fact that I make people and ducks more happy with healthier ducks. I could make money of them if I just randomly breed all of them with each other without keeping their health in mind or their shots or their ringing.. but that goes against my morals. That's exactly why there are no pure-breed Indian runner ducks over here but only half-runners.

Next weekend I'm going on a big trip to get an Indian runner duck from Germany :O

It will totally leave a hole in my pocket.. 300 dollars the whole thing will cost :O 1/3th of my monthly income.. 1/2 of monthly rent... yikes.. All my savings gone.

but I'm really excited. There are no more pure-bred Indian runners anymore in the Netherlands (except 1-2 breeders that also are small breeders, and do nót breed the colour I breed). So this can be a big boost for the Indian runner duck in my country! :D

I hope all goes well. Communication is not easy because the person doesn't speak English, only German, and my German is a bit rusty.. There is a good chance they have a thick accent that I don't understand, so I better take pen a paper with me... if all goes well pictures will soon follow :D
That is very exciting hope the trip goes well and you find just what your wanting. Look forward to seeing them.

I can't remember! I'm having trouble keeping up!

No, we are leaving on friday :p I'm still practicing my German :p And you would know since I could not resist to talk and show it a lot haha :p

Oh I have to tell a story about WannaBeHillbilly, still have to message WannaBeHillbilly but I had to laugh a lot when I just saw it 5 minutes ago that I can't keep it in.
I made this Dutch website about Indian runner ducks, the basics of it, and WannaBehillBilly was so kind to provide pictures. And I made a terrible writing mistake.
On a part how to recognize ducks that are unhealthy WannaBeHillbilly provided a picture of a duck laying on it's back, having troubles to stand up. I haven't asked WannaBeHillbilly why the duck did this; but it was a good picture to show a point that a duck that has trouble to keep standing might be sick and you have to go to the vet with it.
Under the picture I wrote something. But didn't re-read.

It now says;
'This Indian runner duck has trouble to keep her balance. It is sick. Thanks to WannaBeHillbilly'.

:lau
I meant offcourse; Thanks to WannaBeHillbilly to provide the picture :')

No, we are leaving on friday :p I'm still practicing my German :p And you would know since I could not resist to talk and show it a lot haha :p

Oh I have to tell a story about WannaBeHillbilly, still have to message WannaBeHillbilly but I had to laugh a lot when I just saw it 5 minutes ago that I can't keep it in.
I made this Dutch website about Indian runner ducks, the basics of it, and WannaBehillBilly was so kind to provide pictures. And I made a terrible writing mistake.
On a part how to recognize ducks that are unhealthy WannaBeHillbilly provided a picture of a duck laying on it's back, having troubles to stand up. I haven't asked WannaBeHillbilly why the duck did this; but it was a good picture to show a point that a duck that has trouble to keep standing might be sick and you have to go to the vet with it.
Under the picture I wrote something. But didn't re-read.

It now says;
'This Indian runner duck has trouble to keep her balance. It is sick. Thanks to WannaBeHillbilly'.

:lau
I meant offcourse; Thanks to WannaBeHillbilly to provide the picture :')
Can we have a link to your web site? I know I can't read it but I know people who can!

Back
Top Bottom