*~*Runner Duck Club*~*

I am done with hatching 2 yrs ago had 5 Runner drakes out of 6 hatch and last year only 2 hatched and had 2 drakes. Not easy to find good homes but I thankfully I did. I will blame my Muscovy duck for the drakes she was the one who brooded and hatched. :rolleyes:

Where I got them I believe they are still available to place a order
Thanks so much, but I’m just getting started and not sure if I want a drake tbh. I have the three ducklings that are supposed to be females, and want to see what kind of mess these make first lol.
I’ve read that there’s a big difference in mess between 4 and 6 and that sometimes 5 ducks isn’t even enough for one drake. Do find that’s true?
I’ve also read that Runners don’t swim much once they’re adults, not sure how true that is.

I am done with hatching 2 yrs ago had 5 Runner drakes out of 6 hatch and last year only 2 hatched and had 2 drakes. Not easy to find good homes but I thankfully I did. I will blame my Muscovy duck for the drakes she was the one who brooded and hatched. :rolleyes:
Where are you located? When I got my ducklings I’m going to breed them come spring/summer and I maybe able to ship ducklings.

You can’t blame her! She didn’t lay the eggs! :gig

Thanks so much, but I’m just getting started and not sure if I want a drake tbh. I have the three ducklings that are supposed to be females, and want to see what kind of mess these make first lol.
I’ve read that there’s a big difference in mess between 4 and 6 and that sometimes 5 ducks isn’t even enough for one drake. Do find that’s true?
I’ve also read that Runners don’t swim much once they’re adults, not sure how true that is.
I use 3 hens per drake! That’s the lowest you can have for one drake!

I did show one and he was put in the winners corner! I did not go to state but people there said I should have! Next far I’ll be showing all my ducks! I got a blue ribbon but not a big one. Like I said I’m planning on showing all my ducks!
Nice, congratulations!

Back
Top Bottom