*~*Runner Duck Club*~*

Yes, ONE very good boy Bordie Collie and then there's the young girl who I'm convinced is untrainable. It was a nightmare! I did get them all back.
Any luck with her?
My rescue Aussie (I think AKC) Male figured things out rather quickly.
My other dog is an ASCA (see pic w/ducklings) and I never imagined that he could be this good. Turns out that he was experiencing a little jealousy. Some extra praise and attention got him through this phase and I am going to see if I can get enrolled in some herding classes.
He (Harry) has facilitated gathering up the 'littles' in the evening by doing a drop stay on the far side of the corral so that the ducks didn't run past the entrance. 🤩

Cute little critters aren't they?
I'm guessing that they are fawn and white.
First ducks?
I'd hate to give away any spoilers. :D
The picture with the dog is my second batch of 8 hens that arrived somtime in September. Turns out that Madam Currie was really Mr Curry, so his name got changed to Allfather. Five hens was too few for him and Count Chocula, so the first lesson in duck math was completed recently. Flock integration was pretty smooth and I had built the coop as large as practical, so no hitch there.
Lol, it seems all creatures have math issues! It’s pretty amazing your dog can be so close. I had a silkie terrier who I could control like that, but the bullies? Maybe one at a time but...

Yes, fawn and white and first ducks here. The color wasn’t my first choice, but it doesn’t really matter because I enjoy them. My hatchery experience wasn’t great so I really hope whoever sexed them was having a good day. I don’t plan to add more.

Looking forward to January! I ordered 6 show quality Indian Runner Ducklings!

1- Pair (drake and hen) Show Quality Mallard Indian Runner

1- Pair (drake and hen) Show Quality White Indian Runner

1- Pair (drake and hen) Show
Quality Emery Pencil Indian Runner

Looking forward to January! I ordered 6 show quality Indian Runner Ducklings!

1- Pair (drake and hen) Show Quality Mallard Indian Runner

1- Pair (drake and hen) Show Quality White Indian Runner

1- Pair (drake and hen) Show
Quality Emery Pencil Indian Runner
I love the penciled! And the mallards. Can’t wait for pics.

I would love Penciled too but don't need another drake and don't plan to breed for ducklings and could only find them sold as pairs.
I found a breeder on eBay that had a nice mix and sells hatching eggs, but the ducks quit laying before I could get some. I was bummed! I don’t know all the details of the situation but if I ever decide to try hatching again I’m going to contact them.

Back
Top Bottom