*~*Runner Duck Club*~*

Pics
I have a runner who is laying eggs just about every day and I always see her mating with my drakes. I put her eggs in the incubator but nothing is happening. Why aren't her eggs fertile?

I'm a newish proud owner of a small runner flock. My goal was a small flock of white runners. But they were hard to find this past summer. So I eventually found a Holderread white show quality male in VA, an unrelated white runner female from a farm in MD- her parents were originally Holderread too. I found 1 fawn/white runner girl on CL and two other girls from CL that were supposed to be runners, but def are not full runners as you will see in the pics.

I have had some issues keeping weight on the female white runner, but she is still active and now that weather is better, back with the flock.

I am still worried I might lose her even with all the supportive care. So, while i had her and my fawn/white runner seperated, i collected their eggs. My Sebbie goose started laying too.

My wonderful husband made a cooler incubator for me. And now i have over 12 white or fawn/white mix runner eggs incubating and 3 sebbie goose eggs!

I am so excited that they are growing!

Thanks so much for all the help Amiga over the winter! We have had some 60-70 deg days and she has been running around with the flock like crazy.

I'm hoping I get some strong ducklings and not the same issue as their mom!

Marigold and hose bliss!

Back
Top Bottom