*~*Runner Duck Club*~*

Pics
I really have to sleep I'm so sorry but if you do this and keep spraying every 15 mins to half hour or when it's not looking so wet, hopefully she'll pop out in her own time once more shell and outer membrane is gone. That's all you can do really. I think the yellow is probably poop. When she comes out don't worry if it takes hours for her to stand or hold her head up or if the shell is full of yuk/a vein or ok. It's normal and with some rest will be fine. If it doesn't start drying out within a good lot of hours cuz of the humidity put her in a preheated brooder. Good luck. Will be thinking of you and probs dreaming it too!
Thank you! Get some rest and I will post if anything happens (hopefully good!) Good night and sweet dreams!

I really have to sleep I'm so sorry but if you do this and keep spraying every 15 mins to half hour or when it's not looking so wet, hopefully she'll pop out in her own time once more shell and outer membrane is gone. That's all you can do really. I think the yellow is probably poop. When she comes out don't worry if it takes hours for her to stand or hold her head up or if the shell is full of yuk/a vein or ok. It's normal and with some rest will be fine. If it doesn't start drying out within a good lot of hours cuz of the humidity put her in a preheated brooder. Good luck. Will be thinking of you and probs dreaming it too!
She is almost fully out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wee.gif
I heard her peeping really loud and saw that she almost had her head out so I watched and shes only got her little but and a leg and a half to get out, shes resting right now (i dont blame her!)
love.gif
it doesnt look (from what I can see) like she absorbed her yolk yet tho. One step at a time, shes almost out! I'm so excited, it's my very first hatch! LOL
wee.gif
celebrate.gif
wee.gif

Hi everyone! I just found this thread tonight, and read the whole thing. First things first, Chick a Dee1023, I am SO glad your little one made it out! I was on pins and needles reading through that saga!

So my real name is Lisa, and I am looking into getting a small bunch of runners. We live in a suburban neighborhood, but our yard is surrounded by trees, and our neighbors aren't fussy. I *think* I found a breeder near us (Chattanooga, TN), but if she falls through, I am wondering if any other breeders live within a 2 hour radius. I only want 3-6, so the shipping is outrageous, plus I would like to come and meet the parents etc. if at all possible. I intend to have them as pets and for eggs, so demeanor is slightly more important than it would be if I was only using them for laying/meat.

I am super excited to have found this thread/forum, and can't wait to get some ducklings!
celebrate.gif

Thanks!

Hi everyone! I just found this thread tonight, and read the whole thing. First things first, Chick a Dee1023, I am SO glad your little one made it out! I was on pins and needles reading through that saga!

So my real name is Lisa, and I am looking into getting a small bunch of runners. We live in a suburban neighborhood, but our yard is surrounded by trees, and our neighbors aren't fussy. I *think* I found a breeder near us (Chattanooga, TN), but if she falls through, I am wondering if any other breeders live within a 2 hour radius. I only want 3-6, so the shipping is outrageous, plus I would like to come and meet the parents etc. if at all possible. I intend to have them as pets and for eggs, so demeanor is slightly more important than it would be if I was only using them for laying/meat.

I am super excited to have found this thread/forum, and can't wait to get some ducklings!
celebrate.gif

Thanks!
hugs.gif
Thank you! My real name is Melissa.
frow.gif
. Good Luck with finding your new babies!!! I don't think I'm getting sleep tonight LOL, it's 2:14 am and I'm wide awake worrying about this little one. The other egg still hadn't pipped after 26 hrs so I made a small hole so it can breathe... I unfortunately found the same thing with this egg.... the outer membrane is really thick and rubbery like the other one
idunno.gif
. I have the humidity up, I am doing everything I was told... I just don't understand
hit.gif
. It looks shrink wrapped from the bit i can see, but I don't want a repeat of duckling #1, so I'm spraying it, I bumped the hum up, and am just watching and pacing
caf.gif
. I hope someone can give me an idea of what I should do.... my first hatch isn't going so well
hit.gif
. On a different note... You GOTTA post pics as soon as you find/ get your new babies!!! Good luck!
big_smile.png

Last edited:
I don't think this baby is going to make it :'( It has a swollen area at the bottom of it's stomach that looks like it's still attached to the egg. There's still blood in the veins of the membrane. This poor baby is fighting so hard to get out she's slowly moving in a circle around the washcloth i have her on (pulling the egg with her..) Her left leg is still in there under the membrane, it's stuck but slowly seems to be getting free). I feel so helpless that i can't do anything :'( she still has a nice set of lungs when she wants to tho, and she really is working hard, but it seems to be in vane since I'm almost positive she hasn't absorbed the yolk and is still attached to the egg.....my poor baby! The other egg looks like it may be shrink wrapped too (from the tiny bit i can see in the egg from the small hole i poked for it to breathe). It's still chirping, moving, & trying to Pip on it's own. I don't want to have to tell my kids they lost their ducklings....

She is almost fully out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wee.gif
I heard her peeping really loud and saw that she almost had her head out so I watched and shes only got her little but and a leg and a half to get out, shes resting right now (i dont blame her!)
love.gif
it doesnt look (from what I can see) like she absorbed her yolk yet tho. One step at a time, shes almost out! I'm so excited, it's my very first hatch! LOL
wee.gif
celebrate.gif
wee.gif
I don't think this baby is going to make it :'( It has a swollen area at the bottom of it's stomach that looks like it's still attached to the egg. There's still blood in the veins of the membrane. This poor baby is fighting so hard to get out she's slowly moving in a circle around the washcloth i have her on (pulling the egg with her..) Her left leg is still in there under the membrane, it's stuck but slowly seems to be getting free). I feel so helpless that i can't do anything :'( she still has a nice set of lungs when she wants to tho, and she really is working hard, but it seems to be in vane since I'm almost positive she hasn't absorbed the yolk and is still attached to the egg.....my poor baby! The other egg looks like it may be shrink wrapped too (from the tiny bit i can see in the egg from the small hole i poked for it to breathe). It's still chirping, moving, & trying to Pip on it's own. I don't want to have to tell my kids they lost their ducklings....
Hi at work but can still post. How are they both doing now. Dont worry about the bit that's swollen, all if mine had that, it goes down and you dont see it when it fluffs out. It will dry up. She just needs to finish absorbing. When she does she will break away from it. When she does it ends up looking like a tiny bit of grass/hair but will fall off enventually. If you can try and get some water in its mouth with some vitamins if you have any. It's probably a bit dry from screeching! Don't worry if she won't take it though. Sucks the other one is like it too. You probs you g to have to do the same again. Did you sat you had a home made Styrofoam style incubator? If so its funny it happened to mine and yours. If you had the humidity too high it wouldnt be drying out so much. But I dont think you had it low either, nor did I. If the 2nd one hasn't made a hole yet I'd make one in the air sac end. But make sure you get through the membranes if poss or it still won't be able to breathe. They will be ok. I promise. They have to be! X x x

I wouldnt give up yet, Ive had some chicks/ducklings that I didn't think would make it and they did. What color is the yolk?

Here's my first and only Runner, "Faruq". Not the best picture as he/she is balancing on my hand and has a full crop!!!

We are hoping and praying for your own little ones, Lisa!!! Keep us updated... here's hoping for happy news!

Back
Top Bottom