*~*Runner Duck Club*~*

Pics
Hi at work but can still post. How are they both doing now. Dont worry about the bit that's swollen, all if mine had that, it goes down and you dont see it when it fluffs out. It will dry up. She just needs to finish absorbing. When she does she will break away from it. When she does it ends up looking like a tiny bit of grass/hair but will fall off enventually. If you can try and get some water in its mouth with some vitamins if you have any. It's probably a bit dry from screeching! Don't worry if she won't take it though. Sucks the other one is like it too. You probs you g to have to do the same again.

Did you sat you had a home made Styrofoam style incubator? If so its funny it happened to mine and yours. If you had the humidity too high it wouldnt be drying out so much. But I don't think you had it low either, nor did I. If the 2nd one hasn't made a hole yet I'd make one in the air sac end. But make sure you get through the membranes if poss or it still won't be able to breathe. They will be OK. I promise. They have to be! X x x
Hey :) The 1st one (we named her Yuki because that means blessing in Japanese- we like Japanese anime lol) is dried off and in a shoe box with a towel (i won't let "her" out of my sight) She still cant stand or walk right (she was technically born around 9 am) She really doesn't open her eyes much, and she "runs" into the sides of the box or falls backwards a lot. The 2nd egg hadn't gotten anywhere in 26 hrs, so I poked an air hole in the shell for it. I could see it was also shrink wrapped
he.gif
. We cleared off the shell whee the air sac was, and we are keeping it moist but leaving it alone until tomorrow. Gonna give her over night to see if she absorbs the yolk, make progress ect... This one doesn't seem as fiery and strong willed as Yuki was, so I'm praying it makes it! You were def right about the swollen area and stuff :) I got REALLY sick last night (well this morning around 4 am) we don't know if its from the strong, high dose antibiotic I'm taking, or my heart acting up (I have heart and liver problems) or something else (can't go to the dr.. have no insurance
hmm.png
). I'm feeling better, but only about 80%... when it rains it pours right? LOL. Yeah, the one was in the home made bator, the 2nd egg was in my hova bator since we saw how dried out eggie #1 was, apparently that didn't help
th.gif
. I moved eggie #2 into the home made bator after Yuki was dry and taken out ( I cleaned it, and got the hum up really high b4 putting it in there). It seems to be doing "OK" so far
fl.gif
. Thanks so much for being here to help and support me through all of this! I'm so glad i found this site!!! I'm going to post a few pics of her as soon as my laptop decides to cooperate and let me put the pics on it from my cell LOL!
I wouldn't give up yet, Ive had some chicks/ducklings that I didn't think would make it and they did. What color is the yolk?
I THINK it was yellow, but it was under her leg that was suck under the membrane in the egg :/ Thanks! I didn't give up, and now I have an adorable duckling cuddling on my chest!
love.gif

Here's my first and only Runner, "Faruq". Not the best picture as he/she is balancing on my hand and has a full crop!!!

We are hoping and praying for your own little ones, Lisa!!! Keep us updated... here's hoping for happy news!
OMG how sweet!!!!
love.gif
. I'm going to put pics up of my 1st (and only for now) Runner. Shes about 9 hrs old if we are counting from when she FINALLY got detached from her egg! LOL
smile.png

aww a cutie! Hope it's going ok with Melissa! Im anxious for her!
Everything is OK for now
big_smile.png
I'm at least getting a bit of rest before round 2 with egg 2 lol. this little one WILL NOT let me put her down, she screams bloody murder til I lay her back on me! LOL

I said I'd post pics of my baby, well here they are!
love.gif
After everything "she" went through, we named her Yuki because it means blessing in Japenese. MY FIRST HATCH AND MY FIRST DUCKLING!!!!!!!! YAY!
wee.gif
ya.gif
wee.gif
celebrate.gif

Her first pic after she finally detached from the yolk and egg

She will not let me put her down LOL! She cries til I pick her back up! I'm in trouble LOL!!

Thanks everyone for all of the help & support!
hugs.gif

Melissa, that is one ADORABLE baby! Congrats Mommy!

On another note, I am still awaiting a rely from the person that answer my CL ad for Runner Ducklings. Anyone around Chattanooga/Atlanta/
Knoxville/Birmingham/Nashville that breeds or knows of a breeder? I can even split the shipping costs if someone wants to go in with me on hatchlings. Eventually I'll just suck it up and order some alone if I can't find any.

Melissa, that is one ADORABLE baby! Congrats Mommy! On another note, I am still awaiting a rely from the person that answer my CL ad for Runner Ducklings. Anyone around Chattanooga/Atlanta/ Knoxville/Birmingham/Nashville that breeds or knows of a breeder? I can even split the shipping costs if someone wants to go in with me on hatchlings. Eventually I'll just suck it up and order some alone if I can't find any.

Thank you :) I don't think she's going to make it though :'( and i am pretty sure our other one still in the egg isn't going to make it either. I was crying to my hubby earlier cause she's fighting hard, but she's just so weak and the other one is exactly how she was while hatching, and this one also has what looks like fluid in her 1 nostril (the 1 in the egg) My first hatch and i lost one at 15 days incubation, and the other 2 don't seem right :'( I'm praying they make it, but she doesn't really open her eyes too much, she's weak, she can't walk right, I'm having trouble getting her to drink anything, she isn't holding her head up much.... My poor baby :'( Good luck with your search, I'm new to this so i don't know many ppl at all, i know of sometime in Arizona and someone in Ohio. Inn in Pa, so i don't know anyone in your area :) I'm sry! But good luck!!

Congrats on Yuki!!! I had a rat named Yuki and her sister, Kiku. LOVE Japanese names!!! Don't let her get TOO attached!!!

We love Japanese names too :) we are really into anime, esp dbz, vampire academy, ect. As i said in the reply above this, I'm pretty sure Yuki and the other baby still in the egg aren't going to survive :'(

*I'm sry if anything is a weird word or miss spelled, I'm on my cell & it's being stupid lol

Thank you :) I don't think she's going to make it though :'( and i am pretty sure our other one still in the egg isn't going to make it either. I was crying to my hubby earlier cause she's fighting hard, but she's just so weak and the other one is exactly how she was while hatching, and this one also has what looks like fluid in her 1 nostril (the 1 in the egg) My first hatch and i lost one at 15 days incubation, and the other 2 don't seem right :'( I'm praying they make it, but she doesn't really open her eyes too much, she's weak, she can't walk right, I'm having trouble getting her to drink anything, she isn't holding her head up much.... My poor baby :'( Good luck with your search, I'm new to this so i don't know many ppl at all, i know of sometime in Arizona and someone in Ohio. Inn in Pa, so i don't know anyone in your area :) I'm sry! But good luck!!

I hope she's starting to perk up abit now? I'm so so glad to hear she's out. Did you have any poultry vitamins as that may give her a boost. They can go with out food for up to 48 hrs as they are still absorbing eggy goodness and can go for a day without water too so I wouldn't worry too much. Hopefully she just needs a long rest, she's been working like crazy for days to get out if that shell. I hope no 2 comes out okay. Not sure about the fluid in his nose. As long as its not membrane over the nostrils as it really won't be able to breathe well.

Love the name we are really into Japanese stuff too. I've named my car myuki! Most of my duckies are still numbers! Only one named is no 5 who's now lucky as it nearly didn't make it but is the most ungrateful little sod ever! And number 2 is called scrumpy after it suck a sip of cider over the weekend and went back for more!

I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for you!

I hope she's starting to perk up abit now? I'm so so glad to hear she's out. Did you have any poultry vitamins as that may give her a boost. They can go with out food for up to 48 hrs as they are still absorbing eggy goodness and can go for a day without water too so I wouldn't worry too much. Hopefully she just needs a long rest, she's been working like crazy for days to get out if that shell. I hope no 2 comes out okay. Not sure about the fluid in his nose. As long as its not membrane over the nostrils as it really won't be able to breathe well.

Love the name we are really into Japanese stuff too. I've named my car myuki! Most of my duckies are still numbers! Only one named is no 5 who's now lucky as it nearly didn't make it but is the most ungrateful little sod ever! And number 2 is called scrumpy after it suck a sip of cider over the weekend and went back for more!

I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for you!
She's doing great!
celebrate.gif
She's still wobbly and off a bit, and I'm pretty sure she is a "special" baby, but shes really improved!!! YAY!!!
wee.gif
AND BABY #2 HATCHED TODAY AROUND 11AM!
jumpy.gif
He's doing very well!!!! My hubby named him Kaname (Kahn-a-may), because that's a girl named Yuki's brother in an Anime show we watch LOL. He's hooked! He INSISTED he's the first thing Kaname saw when he was born so he'd imprint on him!
lau.gif
He's all proud of "his" duckie! They both seem to be doing great! YAAAAAYYYYYYY!
wee.gif
clap.gif
Thank you for all of the concern and support! I really appreciate it!
hugs.gif

So on a different note.... I have 8 pheasant eggs being shipped to me (4 Lady Amherst, 4 Red Goldens) and I was SUPPOSED to get them today.... Well the STUPID ***** POST OFFICE SENT THEM TO THE WRONG P.O!!!
somad.gif
They sent them to Pottstown Pa... That's a 2 hr drive there and back! AND INSTEAD OF SHIPPING THEM TO WHERE THEY BELONG THEY ARE MAKING ME COME GET THEM! UUUGGGHHH!
barnie.gif
Like I needed anything else right now! I have duck and EE eggs coming (due to be here tomorrow) and button quail eggs (due tomorrow as well) and SO HELP ME if they "MIS-SHIP" (as they called it) those too! I WILL FREAK!
rant.gif
The pheasants are supposed to be my son's and he's all excited and now that they have BOUNCED THEM ALL OVER THE PLACE there's a very good chance he won't get any to hatch
th.gif
.... Wow I hate my luck! LOL. Ntm, every 8 hrs when I take this antibiotic I get really sick(I start to feel a bit better about an hr or so before my next dose).... But, I HAVE BABIES!
ya.gif
LOL That makes it a bit better!

That's so cool that you named your car that!
big_smile.png
I love it! LOL that's how I think Yuki might be... an ungrateful brat LOL, she nips at me all the time (now that her eyes are open and she can see lol), and that's too cute that Scrumpy likes cider!
gig.gif
the hubby and I decided we need some rest so we are going to lay in bed and watch movies as soon as the kiddies go to bed at 8pm (only 31 mins left LOL!) I could use some nice resting time!!!
th.gif

Last edited:
Congrats on your two youngsters! No comment for the post office... ugh.
Thanks! I'm gonna post pics in a sec, they were cuddling me
love.gif
Yeah, the post office isn't going to like me tomorrow!b
rant.gif
They charge enough shipping that they should be able to handle people's property more carefully and with some friggin respect and NOT LOSE STUFF ALL OF THE TIME!!
somad.gif

Hi all I am new to runner ducks and waterfowl, but, nonetheless I love them. I just got my first ducklings today. 4 runners in black, blue, chocolate, and fawn and white, sadly the black one never made it to my house alive. I am now down to three, but, they are cheeping, eating, drinking, and napping. They all seem very healthy and happy. They are busy, busy checking out their temporary housing until they can go outside to their garden pond. I cannot wait. I will post pictures soon. They get up and run from one end of their temporary housing to the other it is rather hilarious. They also nap just about every hour underneath their feather duster. It is way cute.
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom