*~*Runner Duck Club*~*

My female has been sitting on a clutch of about 7 eggs for 6 days now, I have not seen her off the nest. Should I be worried about her not eating? I have also read that Runners are not good mothers should I be worried?

My female has been sitting on a clutch of about 7 eggs for 6 days now, I have not seen her off the nest. Should I be worried about her not eating? I have also read that Runners are not good mothers should I be worried?

I have heard some folks on here that had runners who were great mothers. If this is her first hatch though I would just keep an eye on here and be prepared to swoop in if needed. Do you have an incubator that you could put the eggs into if she does give up?

And don't worry about her not eating, she will take quick breaks to poop and eat when she needs to. Just make sure her food and water is not too far away and easy to get to.
Good luck!

My WhiteFawn,peepers,is kinda shy,and more alert,and moves more when I walk by,wills he stop this as she ages?

How old is she? Teenage ducks do through a stage where they get kind of nervous for a while, but just keep showing her kindness and love and she'll come around. Soft words, slow movements and routine work really well. Oh and treats. Treats are the key to a duck's heart!

I recently acquired an awesome White and Fawn Runner!!
Immediately fell in love!
1f606.png

So, Fawn or Fonzie?? Lol

Back
Top Bottom