*~*Runner Duck Club*~*

My Runner hatched out 5 babies from eggs we ordered for her. Here she is with the two we are keeping plus a glimpse of our other two runners. We now have 2 fawn and white, 2 black and 1 Chocolate. Fingers crossed we vent sexed correctly and the two ducklings we kept are both female!

Here are our 3 adults, sorry for the poor quality picture.

0.jpg
Here are the babies swimming with mama yesterday. They turn 4 weeks old today!

My Runner hatched out 5 babies from eggs we ordered for her. Here she is with the two we are keeping plus a glimpse of our other two runners. We now have 2 fawn and white, 2 black and 1 Chocolate. Fingers crossed we vent sexed correctly and the two ducklings we kept are both female!

Here are our 3 adults, sorry for the poor quality picture.

0.jpg
Here are the babies swimming with mama yesterday. They turn 4 weeks old today!

Aww, your babies are super cute. Love the chocolates skinny teenage gangliness!

Ok, I tried to post this in this thread but apparently I created a random thread, so sorry if you get this twice!

My broody runner duck decided she was done yesterday so I ran and got a incubator, power ready through every post I could find on BYC and look what I came home to today!!!

Well here she is, no chocolate afterall :)

Needing quick advice: I have a Khaki Campbell that went broody. My Runner Duck always laid her egg next to the KC. So, when the KC went broody, she started collecting eggs. Well, she's not stopping! Every morning my Runner will go and lay her egg next to the KC, the KC steals it before I can get it in the morning. I think she now has over 25 eggs under her! We all know that is not going to work......so what do I do? She literally has a fortress built up full of eggs! I don't know the older eggs from the newer ones, and she doesn't want us bothering the eggs. Has anyone had this happen? What happens in the end. Does she just hatch the first dozen and leave the ones that don't hatch?

Needing quick advice: I have a Khaki Campbell that went broody. My Runner Duck always laid her egg next to the KC. So, when the KC went broody, she started collecting eggs. Well, she's not stopping! Every morning my Runner will go and lay her egg next to the KC, the KC steals it before I can get it in the morning. I think she now has over 25 eggs under her! We all know that is not going to work......so what do I do? She literally has a fortress built up full of eggs! I don't know the older eggs from the newer ones, and she doesn't want us bothering the eggs. Has anyone had this happen? What happens in the end. Does she just hatch the first dozen and leave the ones that don't hatch?

I've never dealt with a broody before, so I'm not a lot of help, but, is there anyway you could put up a partition around your KC and the nest so she can't take any more eggs? 25 does seem like a lot, but I think some ducks have hatched out 20 or more before. You'll probably want to candle them though and keep track of their progress, that way you can toss out any that aren't developing. Also, you may want to try posting in the broody duck thread. They will have a lot more help there.

My runners hatched their first duckling on Saturday and 2 more have arrived since! Now we're just waiting for the final 2!

I was wondering whether anyone could help me, what colour do you think this little guy could turn out?

Back
Top Bottom