*~*Runner Duck Club*~*

Ok here is a strange thing. We figured out that my female is sitting on 10 eggs and for the last 5 days she has brought out 5 eggs (one each day) from the nest and has dropped them on the ground breaking them open. They are foul smelling and have this disgusting liquid looking stuff inside of them. Does she know if her eggs are not fertile or what is she doing?

My Runner has came a long ways.She is loving her mate (baby Huey) our Pekin,and he is learning how to be a drake.She Quacks REALLLLLLLLYYYY loud when she looses the baby chicks or Baby Huey.

She is beautiful and I hope her and the drake make some BEAUTIFUL babies.

Also,if they were to have babies,whats the outcome?Would there be spinal and walking problems?

Ok here is a strange thing. We figured out that my female is sitting on 10 eggs and for the last 5 days she has brought out 5 eggs (one each day) from the nest and has dropped them on the ground breaking them open. They are foul smelling and have this disgusting liquid looking stuff inside of them. Does she know if her eggs are not fertile or what is she doing?

She's kicking them out the nest because they are rotten, I don't know how she knows but she does :') Mine kicked out 2, I was upset when she did it but I cracked them open and they were rotten and smelt really bad. If they're not fertile, she'll kick them out too to prevent bacterial growth which might infect the other eggs.

If she's kicking out rotten ones, she's doing a good job x

My Runner has came a long ways.She is loving her mate (baby Huey) our Pekin,and he is learning how to be a drake.She Quacks REALLLLLLLLYYYY loud when she looses the baby chicks or Baby Huey.

She is beautiful and I hope her and the drake make some BEAUTIFUL babies.

Also,if they were to have babies,whats the outcome?Would there be spinal and walking problems?

I'm sorry, don't remember, is she crested? Those kind are prone to genetic problems. Or are they related? I don't have any breeding experience, but I've heard that one generation would be ok, but if you keep inbreeding the same line, you will get some defects in the next couple of generations. Or some folks say it's ok if it's only on one side, like mother and child or father and child. Again, I'm really not that knowledgeable on this though.

I had such a scare this morning with my ducks! Usually when I go out they quack up a storm and come over for food, this time they didn't, I didn't even see them anywhere, I put their food out and noticed something in the dog house that looked like one of my fawn and white runners, it scared the crap outa me cause I thought one had died, then the ducks came running over and I counted 6 and was so confused,turned out to be foam from my brother in law trying to fix the lid to it, lighting and shadows were perfectly impersonating a duck 0.0 head to legs and all!

I had such a scare this morning with my ducks! Usually when I go out they quack up a storm and come over for food, this time they didn't, I didn't even see them anywhere, I put their food out and noticed something in the dog house that looked like one of my fawn and white runners, it scared the crap outa me cause I thought one had died, then the ducks came running over and I counted 6 and was so confused,turned out to be foam from my brother in law trying to fix the lid to it, lighting and shadows were perfectly impersonating a duck 0.0 head to legs and all!

Oh my goodness, I probably would've fainted or something if that happened! Glad to know it was just a "decoy."

these cutie runner babies arrived this morning from Metzer...black, blue, chocolate, and fawn and white runner ducklings and all females...now i just have to think up names

[COLOR=0000FF]✭ Hey all! Runner duck lovers, come hang here! Talk everything runner duck! ✭[/COLOR]

●[COLOR=0000FF]Members[/COLOR]●

▸ D[COLOR=FFFF00]u[/COLOR]c[COLOR=FFFF00]k[/COLOR]L[COLOR=FFFF00]o[/COLOR]v[COLOR=FFFF00]e[/COLOR]r[COLOR=FFFF00]2[/COLOR]3[COLOR=FFFF00]9[/COLOR]9

▸ Galgo98

▸ [COLOR=008000]Amiga[/COLOR]

▸ [COLOR=800080]AnimalPro24[/COLOR]

▸ [COLOR=FF0000]Featherfinder[/COLOR]

▸ [COLOR=FFA500]Duckyfromoz[/COLOR]

▸ Suzi

▸ [COLOR=FF0000]WestKnollAmy[/COLOR]

[COLOR=0000FF]●[/COLOR]Wish to be Members[COLOR=0000FF]●[/COLOR]

(None yet)

I have 6 white and dawn runner's, I as believe that I have 2 that are green blue and black, however not sure of the breed, and one large pekin.

Back
Top Bottom