*~*Runner Duck Club*~*

Well I've been doing some research and I think I'd like to add a couple runners to my flock! Currently the flock is
1 female khaki Campbell
1 female pekin
1 female welsh harlequin
2 male cayugas
1 male Rouen

Based on that does anyone have any tips on which kind of runner I should get.
Also I've been looking at ordering them and it is very expensive! They hit you so hard with shipping!!! So if possible I'd like someone to tell me any other ways to obtain some! I'm not picky of age either.

Well I've been doing some research and I think I'd like to add a couple runners to my flock! Currently the flock is
1 female khaki Campbell
1 female pekin
1 female welsh harlequin
2 male cayugas
1 male Rouen

Based on that does anyone have any tips on which kind of runner I should get.
Also I've been looking at ordering them and it is very expensive! They hit you so hard with shipping!!! So if possible I'd like someone to tell me any other ways to obtain some! I'm not picky of age either.
all runners are the same they just come in lots of colors so just choose which colors you like. i just got 1 each black, blue, chocolate, and fawn and white female runner ducklings from Metzer Farms and love them and Metzer is good for ducks or geese

and i recommend getting females as you have 3 drakes and only three girls right now and that not enough girls for that many boys

Last edited:
all runners are the same they just come in lots of colors so just choose which colors you like.  i just got 1 each black, blue, chocolate, and fawn and white female runner ducklings from Metzer Farms and love them and Metzer is good for ducks or geese

and i recommend getting females as you have 3 drakes and only three girls right now and that not enough girls for that many boys
Alright thank you! I agree that I should get all girls. But metzer is the place I looked at and unless you order ten they hit you super hard with shipping and handling fees :/

all runners are the same they just come in lots of colors so just choose which colors you like.  i just got 1 each black, blue, chocolate, and fawn and white female runner ducklings from Metzer Farms and love them and Metzer is good for ducks or geese

In fact not to long ago I ordered 2 ducks from them and it was almost 70 bucks!!!! Ridiculous.

true i dont know if id want to do it again though they are the only hatchery that has welsh harlequins and thats a breed i want to get in the future....maybe i could find someone local to split an order of ducklings with.

Ideal has runners along with other duck breeds but they dont always seem the best quality...the two cayugas i got were tiny compared to the one i got from my local feed store and had lots of white breast feathers which is a sign of low quality cayugas.....but Metzer has very good quality that i've seen so far

it sad that its so pricey to get just a few ducklings wish they could make it a bit cheaper for us

true i dont know if id want to do it again though they are the only hatchery that has welsh harlequins and thats a breed i want to get in the future....maybe i could find someone local to split an order of ducklings with.

Ideal has runners along with other duck breeds but they dont always seem the best quality...the two cayugas i got were tiny compared to the one i got from my local feed store and had lots of white breast feathers which is a sign of low quality cayugas.....but Metzer has very good quality that i've seen so far

it sad that its so pricey to get just a few ducklings wish they could make it a bit cheaper for us
Well I actually do have some young welsh harlequins right now not a male yet but I'm looking. But that 40 dollar fee for ordering less than ten is out there. It's almost be cheaper to order 10

It is with a sad heart that I am posting this. She has kicked all the eggs out of the nest and broken them open, they were all rotten. No babies for us
hit.gif

I can only hope that the next time we will have babies.

[COLOR=0000FF]✭ Hey all! Runner duck lovers, come hang here! Talk everything runner duck! ✭[/COLOR]

●[COLOR=0000FF]Members[/COLOR]●

▸ D[COLOR=FFFF00]u[/COLOR]c[COLOR=FFFF00]k[/COLOR]L[COLOR=FFFF00]o[/COLOR]v[COLOR=FFFF00]e[/COLOR]r[COLOR=FFFF00]2[/COLOR]3[COLOR=FFFF00]9[/COLOR]9

▸ Galgo98

▸ [COLOR=008000]Amiga[/COLOR]

▸ [COLOR=800080]AnimalPro24[/COLOR]

▸ [COLOR=FF0000]Featherfinder[/COLOR]

▸ [COLOR=FFA500]Duckyfromoz[/COLOR]

▸ Suzi

▸ [COLOR=FF0000]WestKnollAmy[/COLOR]

[COLOR=0000FF]●[/COLOR]Wish to be Members[COLOR=0000FF]●[/COLOR]

(None yet)

Hi my name is Cyndi, i live in northern Idaho, I have 2 f/w, 3 chocolate, & 3 blue runners. My first runners I purchased one yr ago are the f/w. I recently purchased the chocolate & blue runners (& 2 pekins & 4 buff, but thats another club) from Metzer Farms (awesome doing business w/Metzer Farms).
I would like to be a member if this club! What is the secret password or the initiation challenge to join? tee hee! Here are a few pics of my babies.

Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom