*~*Runner Duck Club*~*

Good to know!
Only reason we are trying to pond is we have it already.
Like I said, it was cleaned out so we shut it down for the Winter and had plans to plant bamboo in it instead as it is a rubber water trough.
Then hubby mentioned he would like some runners....
And we rolled with it from there.

I guess we will just have to see how it goes for us.
If it doesn't work, then I can always sell it and buy something that does.

Our Muscovies will only bathe in their water bucket or just dunk their heads and neck. So..... just trying to get it set up.
Babies arrive tomorrow and will be in the brooder for a few weeks so I have time.
Thanks!
Oh and we are getting a black, a penciled, an embry(sp?) penciled, 2 mallards and a blue for coloring. Unsexed, so crossing fingers that we get either all drakes or only 1-2!LOL

Good to know!
Only reason we are trying to pond is we have it already.
Like I said, it was cleaned out so we shut it down for the Winter and had plans to plant bamboo in it instead as it is a rubber water trough.
Then hubby mentioned he would like some runners....
And we rolled with it from there.

I guess we will just have to see how it goes for us.
If it doesn't work, then I can always sell it and buy something that does.

Our Muscovies will only bathe in their water bucket or just dunk their heads and neck. So..... just trying to get it set up.
Babies arrive tomorrow and will be in the brooder for a few weeks so I have time.
Thanks!
Oh and we are getting a black, a penciled, an embry(sp?) penciled, 2 mallards and a blue for coloring. Unsexed, so crossing fingers that we get either all drakes or only 1-2!LOL
thumbsup.gif
2 mallard runners? Fun

thumbsup.gif
2 mallard runners? Fun
Yep!
That is the coloring hubby really wanted but I didn't want to end up with all of the same. So we spread the wealth around when we picked!
He is hoping for a drake in those...which is the reason we got 2.

How soon can you tell drakes from hens? Without sexing them. We SUCK at that. Sexed our Cayuga 3x.... felt it was a girl. WRONG
Do they get larger faster like a Muscovy?

And I know with the Mallards, we can tell with coloring but the rest.....???

I have 1 chocolate Indian runner. She is about 4 months old now. And other mixed breeds but wanted more runners! So I got 4 more babies!! One has the cutest little white poof/fro on its head! I love it!

Beautiful! Are the two Runners from Metzers too?

Haha, easy mistake to do, I've done that! That's a lot of ways to upload a picture, why are they all needed?
i looked at all the ways they demonstrated also and there is not a demonstration of how I upload/download pictures on this site. I use a Samsung tablet and i do it totally different.

Hi everyone, i posted this on the duck thread too, but thought that runner experts would have some insight into my situation.

We just lost our adult male runner to a racoon yesterday afternoon. :( I just have the one adult female, and she's upset and lonely having just lost her mate. I can hear her crying for him and it's heartbreaking. I have a dozen 3 week old runner ducklings (they're off heat during the day and outside during the day, but i've been giving them a lamp when i lock them up at night. I was thinking about introducing her to them, for the companionship. Is that a good idea, or should i try to find a new mate for her?

Last edited:
SQUEEEEE!!!
They are here! All arrived safely!!! And ALIVE!
They look healthy, all have drank lots of water and eaten food and are running around like crazy in the brooder.

I can ID them!
The black, the blue, the emery penciled should be the darker spotted one, penciled should be lighter one and looks like it might be a fawn penciled and then 2 mallards.

On the mallards coloring.... 1 is darker than the other. Would that, could that mean I have a hen and a drake???? Hoping!!!

Will try to post a pic. I took them with my phone so....

OMG, they are SO FREAKING CUTE and BUSY!! And look like tiny runners already when they are zooming around!

Ya, I don't see us getting rid of any..... original plan was to keep 3 and sell 3 because we had to order 6 to get free shipping and it was $7 less than if we ordered only 3 birds.....
HAHA.... I think we are owners of 6 runners now!

Where are your ducklings coming from??
I ordered them through Purely Poultry and they apparently work with hatcheries.
Mixed reviews about them online, either loved them or had issues but it did seem most of the issues were resolved with either refund or replacement chicks.

They shipped out of Thief Run, Minnesota. When I googled hatcheries there I got several so??

Box arrived today and no hatchery name on it, just where it shipped from. Paper inc. is from Purely Poultry, my packing slip and arrival instructions.

They arrived safe and sound. Packed nicely. They were hungry and thirsty but appear healthy and are running around, eating and drinking and peeping and being busy.

So, I would and will order from them again.

SQUEEEEE!!!
They are here! All arrived safely!!! And ALIVE!
They look healthy, all have drank lots of water and eaten food and are running around like crazy in the brooder.

I can ID them!
The black, the blue, the emery penciled should be the darker spotted one, penciled should be lighter one and looks like it might be a fawn penciled and then 2 mallards.

On the mallards coloring.... 1 is darker than the other. Would that, could that mean I have a hen and a drake???? Hoping!!!

Will try to post a pic. I took them with my phone so....

OMG, they are SO FREAKING CUTE and BUSY!! And look like tiny runners already when they are zooming around!

Ya, I don't see us getting rid of any..... original plan was to keep 3 and sell 3 because we had to order 6 to get free shipping and it was $7 less than if we ordered only 3 birds.....
HAHA.... I think we are owners of 6 runners now!
Congrats!!! but where are the pics??

Back
Top Bottom