*~*Runner Duck Club*~*

Is this a dead egg?

I think its a dud too. Same nest has 10 eggs left and you can see movement and all really cool things. Just as a last resort i did the floating of the egg. It staid on the bottom..
1f61e.png
still have 48 eggs to look after..
1f606.png
so far i have lost 17. The blood ring is a dead give away and the heart no longer visible or a big ball of slime. Its cool how good you can see in to the egg..
I have 3 broody mommys.
1f60d.png

I think its a dud too. Same nest has 10 eggs left and you can see movement and all really cool things. Just as a last resort i did the floating of the egg. It staid on the bottom..
1f61e.png
1f606.png
so far i have lost 17. The blood ring is a dead give away and the heart no longer visible or a big ball of slime. Its cool how good you can see in to the egg..
I have 3 broody mommys.
1f60d.png
ep.gif
3 oh my goodness. keep us updated..

1f61e.png
1f606.png
I have 3 broody mommys.
1f60d.png
3!!!! WOW! I'm hoping to have at least one! (By the way
@Miss Lydia My runner didn't act strange yesterday, I left the eggs in the nest. I will say what she is doing this morning)

1f61e.png
1f606.png
I have 3 broody mommys.
1f60d.png

The one in the picture looks like maybe the internal membrane ruptured or it got soaked or something. But it's hard to tell for sure.

By the way, the "float" test isn't always the best test to do. Sinking doesn't always mean dead. It only means that the air cell isn't big enough to cause the egg to float. You want to watch for wiggling in the water. Wiggling proves its alive. Nothing "proves" that it is dead until you open it and verify. (well, it could smell really bad, and you could be pretty sure lol!) :D

Good luck! 3 broodies! :eek:

The one in the picture looks like maybe the internal membrane ruptured or it got soaked or something. But it's hard to tell for sure.

By the way, the "float" test isn't always the best test to do. Sinking doesn't always mean dead. It only means that the air cell isn't big enough to cause the egg to float. You want to watch for wiggling in the water. Wiggling proves its alive. Nothing "proves" that it is dead until you open it and verify. (well, it could smell really bad, and you could be pretty sure lol!) :D

Good luck! 3 broodies! :eek:
thank you. Absolutely no movement In the water or by watching it with the light. No stinky smell no cheap cheap. Been like that for 3 days. No beak in the air sack. I fill 100% sure its dead. I can't bring my self to open it.. even not hatched i still
1f60d.png
it..

thank you. Absolutely no movement In the water or by watching it with the light. No stinky smell no cheap cheap. Been like that for 3 days. No beak in the air sack. I fill 100% sure its dead. I can't bring my self to open it.. even not hatched i still
1f60d.png
it..

Yep, no need to open it if you are sure. Just wanted to make sure that your float test wasn't misleading you. Sorry for your losses, but it sounds like you will have lots of babies real soon!

Back
Top Bottom