*~*Runner Duck Club*~*

These are my five girls. They have the sweetest personalities and are the best bug catchers. There is a long story about Chloe passing. One of the fawn/whites was the alpha but when Chloe got older (blues are 6mos younger) she showed signs of being alpha. They all seemed to sense that she wouldn't be with them long so it seemed they agreed to let her be alpha. It was so sad when she died. They mourned for four weeks. At first they didn't eat much. Would not go in the pool. Wouldn't go out of lot. At about two weeks they seemed to start back to normalcy. Then they had to go about business of choosing alpha. Finally at about four weeks they again choose Smoke the original one. They still seems to miss Chloe. Her closet friend still goes to the monkey grass plant she used to lay on. But life is going on. I just love my ducks. To ask family members, I have them spoiled.
I'm sorry that you lost Chloe. It's so sweet they are spoiled and loved. They're very cute.

@BucksDucks Runners swim and play in the water. Mine love the baby pool. There is also a cool video on you tube about the runner ducks that work eating snails off the grapevines for winery. It's too cute. After their workday they travel to lake to cool down and relax. Your time slaving will not be wasted
1f601.png

Last edited:
They love the water. Shallow pools for the little ones, and anything goes for the grown ups.
Here a few of my girls playing in their "pool" (it's a drain pan for a water heater, sturdy and easy to clean).
Once they are full grown I'll get them something bigger.

5 1/2 weeks old and almost fully feathered.

They love the water. Shallow pools for the little ones, and anything goes for the grown ups. Here a few of my girls playing in their "pool" (it's a drain pan for a water heater, sturdy and easy to clean). Once they are full grown I'll get them something bigger. 5 1/2 weeks old and almost fully feathered.
So, so, so ADORABLE!!!

Sassy looks so precious. How can one not love these little personalities. I could kill a whole day watching my girls. They remind me of children's books from years gone by. Just so busy doing their thing.

Hey Guys!

We are busy building our duck pen/coop and I know a lot of people say that Runners don't really 'need' a pool. They don't swim....they're land ducks... The folks I bought from (Beaupeep in BC Canada) said again today that they almost shouldn't get wet ( they are ducklings...that's different) But she really pushed not even having a pool.
But, I am already preparing a site for their pool, to irrigate my garden and it's a big reason why i got ducks.
Should i expect them not to go in the pool that I will have slaved over installing? Am I wasting my time? Or will they love it? There are 6 of them, and they do love going in the bath tub, so I feel like I have and know the answer but wanted to ask all you duck lovers as well!

Thanks in advance!
The blur in the middle of the pool is my Fawn & White runner walking on the bottom of the pool because she refuses to swim.
gig.gif

Seriously, I heard the same thing when I first got my ducks... All 4 of my runners didn't get that memo though and they LOVE the water. The blur is actually my F&W, she's one of my best divers.
big_smile.png

In Asia, runners are herded by the thousands in the morning from their shelters to the rice patties where they eat bugs off the plants and poop in the water fertilizing the plants. In the evening, they are herded back into their shelters so they can lay eggs. That's what they were originally bred for.

Back
Top Bottom