*~*Runner Duck Club*~*

My runner Bean ❤️

Attachments

• 93541C47-4352-49F1-9499-6982E66F820F.jpeg
    93541C47-4352-49F1-9499-6982E66F820F.jpeg
    1,023.1 KB · Views: 7
question about picking up the girls -

its like picking up a bird with a slinky on one end and a weasel ball on the other.
I've tried scooping/bracing the chest with one had and scooping under the feet with the other like picking up a parrot and they seem okayish with this but its not the most stable since they cant perch and don't lean in to the hand and I've tried grabbing them just in front of the legs with a hand on each side and thumbs over the wing like they are a giant sandwich and they are really not fond of that - after a day of trying that they were all standing on the other side the the been glaring at me

is there a better way to pick them up?

once I have them up its easy - football carry its getting them to the foot ball carry

Have you ever seen a treat ball for ducks? I have seen them for dogs.

I pick mine up with both hands over each wing then get them quickly up close with my arm around the outside of their body[wing] and my other hand holding onto their feet all my ducks hate to have their feet dangling.

question about picking up the girls -

its like picking up a bird with a slinky on one end and a weasel ball on the other.
I've tried scooping/bracing the chest with one had and scooping under the feet with the other like picking up a parrot and they seem okayish with this but its not the most stable since they cant perch and don't lean in to the hand and I've tried grabbing them just in front of the legs with a hand on each side and thumbs over the wing like they are a giant sandwich and they are really not fond of that - after a day of trying that they were all standing on the other side the the been glaring at me

is there a better way to pick them up?

once I have them up its easy - football carry its getting them to the foot ball carry
I pick them gently up like a sandwich. And put them in a football carrier or wherever they need to be put.
I train them to accept it to be picked up to give them a dried worm everytime picked up. They adjust rapidly to this weird touching this giant featherless creature is doing to them if that means they get a snack. :)

Have you ever seen a treat ball for ducks? I have seen them for dogs.

It's one for rabbit/rats/rodents actually! The dog ones looked so big! It was one of the best experiments to keep their little brains active and healthy thus far :p
Next step; painting the treat ball like a soccer ball, making little team outfits, a playing field, and watch the game with a cold beer, making bets, and a lot of cheering. (you have to do something now the Netherlands isn't competing in the WC this year heehee). :p

Back
Top Bottom