Runner duck with funny leg?

MolliMonster99

Chirping
Jul 22, 2021
My boy Frances is almost 10 months old. He struggled to hatch alone due to humidity problems in the incubator, so we helped him out. He was born with a slight limp, which at first we thought was just due to him struggling to hatch, but as he grew it never changed. I did so much research online but I didn't know what it was, or what to do.

His right thigh sticks out more than his left and he has a limp on that side. Despite this, he can do everything his siblings can do. He can swim perfectly well, he can eat and drink normally, play with his siblings, etc. He's just a bit slower than his siblings when it comes to running up the path and I'm worried I didn't do enough when he was a baby. I gave them niacin through brewer's yeast as ducklings and occasionally still do, and he is the only duck with this issue. I was hoping you lovely people would have some advice for me? I'll copy a TikTok link of him so you can see what I mean in regards to his leg. ☺️

My boy Frances is almost 10 months old. He struggled to hatch alone due to humidity problems in the incubator, so we helped him out. He was born with a slight limp, which at first we thought was just due to him struggling to hatch, but as he grew it never changed. I did so much research online but I didn't know what it was, or what to do.

His right thigh sticks out more than his left and he has a limp on that side. Despite this, he can do everything his siblings can do. He can swim perfectly well, he can eat and drink normally, play with his siblings, etc. He's just a bit slower than his siblings when it comes to running up the path and I'm worried I didn't do enough when he was a baby. I gave them niacin through brewer's yeast as ducklings and occasionally still do, and he is the only duck with this issue. I was hoping you lovely people would have some advice for me? I'll copy a TikTok link of him so you can see what I mean in regards to his leg. ☺️
https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMLYL9j7J/

Apologies for the quality, but I hope this helps!

He probably will always have the limp. But, I would opt for liquid super b complex instead of the brewers yeast. It has more niacin and other beneficial b vitamins. You just give 1mL over treats or something he would eat up quickly. It won't hurt the other ducks if they get some too. You can get it at local farm stores (it will state injectable).

He's pretty cute. 😊

He probably will always have the limp. But, I would opt for liquid super b complex instead of the brewers yeast. It has more niacin and other beneficial b vitamins. You just give 1mL over treats or something he would eat up quickly. It won't hurt the other ducks if they get some too. You can get it at local farm stores (it will state injectable).

He's pretty cute. 😊
Thank you so much!

What do you think is wrong with his leg? Why does it stick out so much?

Also, he is adorable, isn't he? I'm so happy that his leg isn't causing him many issues. His siblings don't bully him because of it, he can do everything a normal duck can do, yes he's a bit slow but he's a happy lil guy that loves to bob his head ❤️

Thank you so much!

What do you think is wrong with his leg? Why does it stick out so much?

Also, he is adorable, isn't he? I'm so happy that his leg isn't causing him many issues. His siblings don't bully him because of it, he can do everything a normal duck can do, yes he's a bit slow but he's a happy lil guy that loves to bob his head ❤️
Maybe it has to do with the hatch or genetic. But, most likely at this point not much you can do about it. He seems happy enough.

Back
Top Bottom