Runner duckling colors?( update with new pics. on pg. 3 )

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Duckchick2011, Apr 21, 2011.

1. Duckchick2011

Duckchick2011 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2011
    Louisiana
    Well, I broke down and bought some completely random runner ducklings from the feed store(they were so cute [​IMG] ) and I was wondering, is there anyway of guessing what their adult coloration will be?

I bought two, one is completely yellow with pinkish orange beak and feet, the other is yellow but darker buffer colored with a purplish bill and feet,

Any body willing to chance a guess???

I will probably post picks when I get some good ones of them.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2011
  2. Rosebud 18

Rosebud 18 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    middle Tn
    I have some with the same coloring and the solid yellow ones are white runners and the yellow with buff coloring are fawn and white. I got mine from Holderread.

3. Duckchick2011

Apr 17, 2011
    Louisiana
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here they are...not the best pic on planet earth but very cute in my opinion....the little mallard is from a batch I incubated. [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 25, 2011
  4. TLWR

TLWR Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    southern AL
    The one in the middle will likely be fawn and white.
    Not positive on the other one - maybe white, maybe another fawn and white. If you know the hatchery the feed store got their order from, you can see if they have any white runners.
    My guess would be 2 fawn and white runners.

5. gofasterstripe

gofasterstripe Chillin' With My Peeps

That top on looks a bit like a Pekin..the other yellow one has faint stripes going over its head. Do they stand up tall and skinny all the time

6. Duckchick2011

Apr 17, 2011
    Louisiana
    They are only a few days old but I have noticed them standing a little straighter than the mallards, they are without a doubt runners, I was just curious about what the end result would be.

7. gofasterstripe

gofasterstripe Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Me too [​IMG] Remember to post pics in a few weeks so we can have another look...or better still post pics every other day...we all LOVE pics here in the ducky room [​IMG]

8. Duckchick2011

Apr 17, 2011
    Louisiana
    I'll try to post pics every few days...these guys grow so fast...all you have to do is blink and their half the size as they were yesturday [​IMG]

9. Duckchick2011

Apr 17, 2011
    Louisiana
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Update on the babies, growing big and strong...and CUTER by the day!!!(if that is possible)

Starting to think that gofasterstripe was right, that big yellow looks more and more like a pekin every day. He is much heavier set than the mallards, bigger too, Its kinda exciting, waiting to see what kind of beautiful ducks they are growing into... [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. Duckchick2011

Apr 17, 2011
    Louisiana
    Oh yeah,

I would like to add, Any and all name suggestions are welcome. [​IMG]

Usually names just come natural to me and these little buggers are full of personality, but for the life of me I cannot think of any names that fit right... [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by