Runner duckling colors?( update with new pics. on pg. 3 )

Duckchick2011

Songster
8 Years
Apr 17, 2011
Louisiana
Well, I broke down and bought some completely random runner ducklings from the feed store(they were so cute
love.gif
) and I was wondering, is there anyway of guessing what their adult coloration will be?

I bought two, one is completely yellow with pinkish orange beak and feet, the other is yellow but darker buffer colored with a purplish bill and feet,

Any body willing to chance a guess???

I will probably post picks when I get some good ones of them.

Last edited:
I have some with the same coloring and the solid yellow ones are white runners and the yellow with buff coloring are fawn and white. I got mine from Holderread.

87211_duck_pictures_007.jpg

87211_duck_pictures_001.jpg

Here they are...not the best pic on planet earth but very cute in my opinion....the little mallard is from a batch I incubated.
big_smile.png

Last edited:
The one in the middle will likely be fawn and white.
Not positive on the other one - maybe white, maybe another fawn and white. If you know the hatchery the feed store got their order from, you can see if they have any white runners.
My guess would be 2 fawn and white runners.

They are only a few days old but I have noticed them standing a little straighter than the mallards, they are without a doubt runners, I was just curious about what the end result would be.

I'll try to post pics every few days...these guys grow so fast...all you have to do is blink and their half the size as they were yesturday
tongue.png

87211_dscn2448.jpg

87211_dscn2474.jpg

87211_dscn2467.jpg

Update on the babies, growing big and strong...and CUTER by the day!!!(if that is possible)

Starting to think that gofasterstripe was right, that big yellow looks more and more like a pekin every day. He is much heavier set than the mallards, bigger too, Its kinda exciting, waiting to see what kind of beautiful ducks they are growing into...
clap.gif
big_smile.png

Oh yeah,

I would like to add, Any and all name suggestions are welcome.
thumbsup.gif

Usually names just come natural to me and these little buggers are full of personality, but for the life of me I cannot think of any names that fit right...
hu.gif

Back
Top Bottom