Jul 13, 2019
Virginia, U.S.
Hello everyone. I got started with chickens when I rescued an abandoned coop earlier this year. They've brought me a lot of joy and our little flock expanded quickly. About 1.5 months ago I decided life was incomplete without some ducks so I went to tractor supply and bought what I thought were pekins (based on looks) but, as they've gotten bigger, I've realized that one of them is a bit smaller and has a different shaped head. Is it a pekin, a white layer, or something completely different? Baby and grown pics:
20190908_181920.jpg
20190804_105212.jpg

These guys are the absolute best and I found myself doing crazy things like digging a pond in dried hard clay because they make me happy when they are happy. I decided to expand the flock. I got 3 ducklings that looked almost exactly the same at tsc and they are now almost 2 weeks old and have begun to change. One is significantly smaller in build then the others and a light gray color with some dark gray splotches. I feel pretty confident Ladybug is a runner, maybe blue?? Splotches are in back mostly near her tail:
20190908_181258.jpg

Then there is the middle sized baby, a light brown but darker than Ladybug(Who is behind her with a splotch visible on the back of her neck), Marinette. I'm wondering chocolate runner, khaki Campbell, something else?
20190908_181353.jpg
Finally there's the darkest duckling Noir (my kids are miraculous ladybug fans) who looks a lot like Marinette only darker:
20190908_181608.jpg
I'll include a couple more pics, because a: ducklings!!! and b: it might help with identification.
20190908_181324.jpg
20190908_181759.jpg
Thanks for your help!

Hello everyone. I got started with chickens when I rescued an abandoned coop earlier this year. They've brought me a lot of joy and our little flock expanded quickly. About 1.5 months ago I decided life was incomplete without some ducks so I went to tractor supply and bought what I thought were pekins (based on looks) but, as they've gotten bigger, I've realized that one of them is a bit smaller and has a different shaped head. Is it a pekin, a white layer, or something completely different? Baby and grown pics:
View attachment 1902882View attachment 1902886
These guys are the absolute best and I found myself doing crazy things like digging a pond in dried hard clay because they make me happy when they are happy. I decided to expand the flock. I got 3 ducklings that looked almost exactly the same at tsc and they are now almost 2 weeks old and have begun to change. One is significantly smaller in build then the others and a light gray color with some dark gray splotches. I feel pretty confident Ladybug is a runner, maybe blue?? Splotches are in back mostly near her tail:View attachment 1902892
Then there is the middle sized baby, a light brown but darker than Ladybug(Who is behind her with a splotch visible on the back of her neck), Marinette. I'm wondering chocolate runner, khaki Campbell, something else?View attachment 1902893Finally there's the darkest duckling Noir (my kids are miraculous ladybug fans) who looks a lot like Marinette only darker:View attachment 1902894I'll include a couple more pics, because a: ducklings!!! and b: it might help with identification. View attachment 1902898 View attachment 1902899Thanks for your help!
Oh, they are so CUTE! All of them!

I am really out of my element when it comes to breeds. Unless Muscovy, I'd like to see the Chocolate and blue standing hopefully OP will get more pics up.

Your babies doing good?

Back
Top Bottom