Runners starting to feather, and now I'm MORE confused about color!

I gave Runner and Pekin eggs to Kim over inthe duck group. She hatched out some pretty Runners, 2 of them are ducks of a different colour so we are waiting for them to feather out to see what colours they are going to be. Ive not hatched any out of the new ducks but my bator has 18 eggs in there so hopefully I will have some different coloured ducklings hatch for my Birthday. Ill post picks when they hatch and dry out. I want pale ducks with dark beaks not the orange. I think the coloured ducklings Kim got were from the white eggs, so Ive got mostly them in my bator along with 6 green eggs from the browns and blue Runners.

Nice! Can't wait to see what you two get! Birthday ducklings...how exciting!
wee.gif

I'll be waiting for pics when they hatch!
caf.gif

I bet I could order it online. I am pretty sure you can get most books shipped regardless of location. Will absolutely check it out! Thank you!!

How on earth do you get them to stay still long enough to take such great shots of them??? Mine are about the same age, 4 weeks I assume. They are so active, I have a hard time getting a clear shot of their heads! Only one actually poses...and is a natural.

my black one has mallard like stripes at her eyes and I have yet to capture it on a snapshot.

benedryl? valium? scotch and coke?????
sickbyc.gif

they are fabulously cute!

Thank you! And rofl! Nope, no drugs for these babies! It helped that this was their first trip outside! They were just intimidated by the great outdoors enough to stay close to me. They were more interested in foraging and eating our overgrown lawn than they were running around.
tongue.png
I love letting them loose inside on our hard wood floors, because they run all around and their feet make this slapping/drumming sound on the hardwood.
lol.png

They are almost 4 weeks, so yes, right about the same age! Good luck getting those pics, I LOVE seeing peoples babies!

Back
Top Bottom