runny poop and black spots, don't think its pox, help!

fosterfarm

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jul 26, 2009
We have 15 black sex link hens in a nice, warm insulated coop. They are acting normally, eating and drinking, talking, etc. However, we noticed that they have flat black scabs on their combs and runny, clear poop. They are still laying and their eggs appear normal. What could it be? Is it anything to worry about? Please help! Thanks!

I would guess the black spots are fowl pox- but the runny poo, I don't like the sound of. Are they all doing it? Is that the only poo you are seeing? No normal mixed in? Have you changed their diet- did you give a lot of a treat they don't usually have? Hopefully, someone else will have some ideas. Good luck!

Yes, they did get some treats mixed in yesterday, as we were snowed in and ran out of their feed. I got some today, I'll see if their pooh firms up. The black spots aren't raised like they explained in the reading I did about pox. I really hope that's not it. My husband also cleaned out the shavings in the coop. Hopefully some fresh shavings will help. THey don't seem sick otherwise. So confusing!

Back
Top Bottom