1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!
  1. brightonchicks

brightonchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2014
    Near Springfield,MO
    What can it mean if the chicken's poop is runny?

2. GA Homesteader

GA Homesteader Out Of The Brooder

Aug 17, 2014
    Senoia GA
  3. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop

I mean this in a nice way, but that site has pictures labeled as normal that are *not* normal.

Brightonchicks, can you post some poop pictures?

-Kathy

4. Rhandi74

Rhandi74 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2014
    East TN
    I am having the same problem but I narrowed it down to my LF Roo. He was acting sick. Not crowing, breeding and standing around hunched so I wormed my flock with valbazen. He feels better but still has icky poop. I wormed them on the 22nd an plan to reworm on the 2nd. Here is. Pic of his poop.
    [​IMG]

Sorry to butt into your thread, they just were such similar problems. :oops:

5. brightonchicks

Jul 29, 2014
    Near Springfield,MO
    Don't mind at all, your's looks even worse than mine!

6. casportpony

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop

Definetly not normal... Could be coccidiosis, a bacterial infection or both. How old is he?

-Kathy

7. brightonchicks

Jul 29, 2014
    Near Springfield,MO
    [​IMG]
    It has started to dry and is by some other poop that had been stepped on. It's not as runny as the other poster, more like really lose.

8. casportpony

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    Looks like there is mucus it it? Can you get a better picture of one? -Kathy

9. brightonchicks

Jul 29, 2014
    Near Springfield,MO
    I will try.

10. Rhandi74

Rhandi74 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2014
    East TN

He is a year in a half. I have a bantam that is about 7 months that is acting like she has coccidiosis but was unsure. She is sleepy and hunched. I have corid on hand so I can start treatment. Can they be wormed at the same time? I am supposed to worm again on the second. How do you treat a bacterial infection?

Last edited: Sep 26, 2014

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by