Runny poop

Definetly not normal... Could be coccidiosis, a bacterial infection or both. How old is he?

-Kathy

He is a year in a half. I have a bantam that is about 7 months that is acting like she has coccidiosis but was unsure. She is sleepy and hunched. I have corid on hand so I can start treatment. Can they be wormed at the same time? I am supposed to worm again on the second. How do you treat a bacterial infection?

I worm with Safeguard and treat with Corid at the same time and have not had any problems doing so.

-Kathy

I would have to make some calls to see if I can find a vet. Would it be ok to try the corid and if it does not improve take him to the vet? Or does he need to be seen right away? I have a vet for my goats that may see chickens.

You can start Corid right away. Call your goat vet and ask if he can do a gram stain on a fecal sample, that will tell you if he has an infection or not. Do you have any oral antibiotics? Dog, cat, human, goat, etc..

-Kathy

You can start Corid right away. Call your goat vet and ask if he can do a gram stain on a fecal sample, that will tell you if he has an infection or not. Do you have any oral antibiotics? Dog, cat, human, goat, etc..

-Kathy

Yes I have a goat medicine cabinet or toolbox in my case...lol.
I will call my vet about the fecal. :)
Antibiotics on hand are
Tylan 200
Neomycin oral solution
Oxytetracycline
Di-methox 40% injectable
Penicillin injectable
Vitamins and electrolytes for chickens and different ones for goats

Back
Top Bottom