Runs & Sand...A WARNING!!!

Good work
big_smile.png
. I just put sand in my very large coop last weekend and still feeling the pain! I laugh at my "city" friends who spend oodles of money going to the gym everyday! I get a FREE workout everyday in my backyard
lol.png

Quote:
HMMMMM I think I'm goin to move my chain link pens and do them in sand and my other 2 runs. I have a few other small coops with 3X6 runs but there small enough if they get too muddy i can just move them, Think the next pretty day me and the DH will be makin a trip to the rock quarry for some sand. Well when we get a truck goin, he wrecked his and hasn't got it fixed completely yet and my fuel injector pump (that he was driving) went out yesterday..ugh!!

Our coop and run are only a month old and I can't get over how 6 chickens completely eliminated every blade of grass and every evidence of roots in there. Glad to find the post because I was wondering what would be best to "fix" the situation with. We were debating sand or pine bark. I was wondering about the depth of the sand as well. And what kind of sand to ask the landscapers for exactly.

Quote:
Oh, I will. The problem is that it's dark when I leave in the mornings & it's dark when I get home. So it will have to be this weekend before I can be out in the daylight! LOL

Oh and
smack.gif
about YOUR runs, LOL

LOL! I'm doing my run and coop today... I'm not laughing now!

Link above says to use construction sand, I used playground sand based on other byc recommendations. What is the current consensus?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom