Runt Chick... Help!

teira

Songster
May 15, 2018
Pennsylvania
This is my 2 day old Speckled Sussex, I'm quite concerned... the other chicks in the brooder are a bit bigger, she gets pushed around easily, she's not as lively and sleeps a ton, I haven't seen her eat much. I took her out and let her get a few drinks of water with Electrolytes and gave her some food but she's not eating very much of it. She's also pretty wobbly and seems weak. She's interested in pecking at things and trying to eat things but I'm thinking maybe some of the crumble pieces are too big? Help! I don't want to loose this little one. Is there anything I can giver her to perk her up? Should I separate her? EDIT: I got her to eat some mashed up chick feed

33176639_962995583881982_3351242773524119552_n.jpg

Last edited:
My little Peawee is part Barr Rock and part Wyndotte....tiniest one for about three weeks... S/he is now almost six weeks old still small but catching up..

Nutri-Drench is a wonderful product.
I think it would be a great pick me up for this chick to get some sooner rather than later.

Thank you everyone :D she's doing much better after I tried some acv & water! She's now eating on her own and is doing wonderful! A chick got pasty-bum during the night and in the morning I cleaned it off with some warm water and finished it off with some Vaseline, she seemed a little weak for a few hours until the acv-water and now she's doing fine as well :love

Back
Top Bottom