Russian Orloffs

I had three hens from Ideal. They were pretty girls and layed well. Every time I ordered a rooster it died in a freak accident so I never bred them. Eventually I put them with the EE flock. Their eggs were the only brown ones and a nice size. I usually got 1 - 2 eggs out of them a day. Their babies were adorable. All different colors with the huge muffs. Very cute.

Link to FeatherSite:

http://www.feathersite.com/Poultry/CGK/Orloffs/BRKOrloff.html

Barry Koffler apparently has seen Spangled and Cuckoo in person. You might also contact him to see if he can dig up who he got the pictures from on his website. Then you could contact the breeders.

And Desert Poultry apparently has the Black-breasted Red Orloffs, which are beautiful. They have a few pics on Feathersite. Gorgeous birds. I like them and the Spangled the best.

Thanks for the lead Chickndaddy
smile.png
I need to see if a friend in Europe will let me post pics of some he used to have... they were a wheaten based spangle, almost looked mille fluer very very pretty.

WOW!!! After reading up more on this breed, I've got to get some. They're so pretty! I love thier beards and muffs... Does anyone have any eggs? How and who is the best to get these birds from? Should I get some from Ideal?

Ideal and Sandhill have them, the ALBC and SPPA have members who raise them and can put you in touch... and of course I raise them and will have eggs available later in the spring.
smile.png

Ideal was sold out for a while, so I found another hatchery, Welp hatchery. I've never bought from them before, so I'm kind of nervouse... I ordered 10 frizzled cochin, assorted colors, (just for fun)
wink.png
and 5 Russian Orloffs to experiment before I get too seriouse in the breed, then I ordered some differant types of laying breeds to make the 25 chick shipping thing and already have them sold to a guy who lives by me. I;m so excited!!!
wee.gif
I'll post pics as soon as they get here.
yippiechickie.gif

fowlafoot - You will have to let me know if you track some other colors down. Or else the lead wasn't very helpful...lol Your birds are gorgeous by the way.

Back
Top Bottom