-Russian Orloffs-

Little Farm Girl

Songster
Sep 6, 2018
Calling all Russian Orloff obtainers!

We have one spangled Russian Orloff rooster that we somehow ended up with, and we love him. We would like to start breeding Russian orloffs since they seem so awesome yet unknown, and hopefully eventually come up with/bring back some unique colors, we really want to try to bring back black Russian orloffs. If you have any Russian orloffs, please feel free to share pictures on here, because I’d love to see what yall have. Also, please message me if you have eggs, chicks, or adult Russian orloffs of any color for sale. Thanks so much!

I've bred them for about 5 years now. I absolutely live them. They are excellent layers, medium to large light brown eggs. They are fairly decent meat birds as well. They will also go broody and hatch well.
DSCF0277.JPG
DSCF0274.JPG

They are a lovely breed. I've only kept spangled. Reliable layers, good temperaments and fun personalities.....plus fun to look at!

Where are you located? It would be easier to help you network for stock with a general location to work from. As you seem to want to breed for the benefit of the breed, sourcing good stock is an important step.

They are a lovely breed. I've only kept spangled. Reliable layers, good temperaments and fun personalities.....plus fun to look at!

Where are you located? It would be easier to help you network for stock with a general location to work from. As you seem to want to breed for the benefit of the breed, sourcing good stock is an important step.

We definitely would love to bring them back a little. We love them, and they seem like an extraordinary breed. Getting in touch with some good lines would be great!

I think they are a great breed but I think it gets too hot here for them. And it is hotter for longer in Texas.
I believe heat tolerant chickens fare better in the cold than vice versa.

I have an orloff, named Orloff! She is on my profile picture, and I have attached more than a few pictures of her below.

Attachments

• IMG_6582 (1).JPG
    IMG_6582 (1).JPG
    547.4 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_4696.JPG
    IMG_4696.JPG
    558.9 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_4781.JPG
    IMG_4781.JPG
    699.2 KB · Views: 8
  • Chickens.png
    Chickens.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_6554.JPG
    IMG_6554.JPG
    639.1 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_5703.JPG
    IMG_5703.JPG
    573.6 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_2574.JPG
    IMG_2574.JPG
    199.6 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_2568.JPG
    IMG_2568.JPG
    214.5 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_5002.JPG
    IMG_5002.JPG
    569.9 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_2567.JPG
    IMG_2567.JPG
    249.6 KB · Views: 9
I have a 25 week old Russian Orloff and she is one of the few of my March hatchlings that isn't laying yet. I didn't think much of it because she's little and there are 2 others still not laying either but I looked up average and it says Russian Orloffs can start around 16 weeks. Is the Google lying to me or is my Natasha broken?

Back
Top Bottom