(S)he's an odd bird...

TurriGallinas

Chirping
Feb 18, 2021
Ok. Do I possibly have an asexual bird? Their name is Fig. No comb or wattle. The tail feathers don't perk up in back like the others. I have never seen them in the next boxes since I brought them home a week ago (though that doesn't mean everything, I'm not out there all day) and the rooster seems to not have any interest that I've seen. They are a bit larger than their sisters and gets picked on.

What does one do? Anything I can do to test the egg-laying thing?
1613658631982~2.jpg

Ok. Do I possibly have an asexual bird? Their name is Fig. No comb or wattle. The tail feathers don't perk up in back like the others. I have never seen them in the next boxes since I brought them home a week ago (though that doesn't mean everything, I'm not out there all day) and the rooster seems to not have any interest that I've seen. They are a bit larger than their sisters and gets picked on.

View attachment 2546948
That's definitely a roo. The tail feathers scream rooster.

View attachment 2546948
I would say rooster because of the tail feathers, and because of the pointy hackle feathers.

Back
Top Bottom