s this truly creepy??

If people are not willing to protect their rights they will lose them.

If they are not willing to curtail some rights for the benefit of all they will end up losing them anyway. Why? Because we ALL must give up some rights in order to protect rights for all of us. I willingly give up my right to drive drunk so that I do not have to share the road with other drunks.

I choose to give up the right to drive any which way I want so that others will follow the same set of rules I do.

It is not in eradicating the line that we find freedom, it is in guarding its location.

I have WHAT in my yard? :

If people are not willing to protect their rights they will lose them.

If they are not willing to curtail some rights for the benefit of all they will end up losing them anyway. Why? Because we ALL must give up some rights in order to protect rights for all of us. I willingly give up my right to drive drunk so that I do not have to share the road with other drunks.

I choose to give up the right to drive any which way I want so that others will follow the same set of rules I do.

It is not in eradicating the line that we find freedom, it is in guarding its location.

Actually, driving drunk is an actual endangerment of others' rights (namely, the right to life), meaning that there is no right to do it, and you can't give up a right that doesn't exist. The same goes for your other example.

I assume you are speaking approvingly of the PATRIOT Act. It gives the government the "right" to violate basic rights, not to mention the Act itself is completely illegal. What has it accomplished? Bin Laden is still not found, Americans are still wetting their pants over poorly thought out terror plots often encouraged by the FBI - don't deny this. Remember the Hutaree incident? An FBI mole gave 'em the idea and materials for the bombing plot, then arrested them. So far, the most notable "foiled" terrorists were stopped by basic security measures. See the Christmas "Great Balls of Fire" non-bomber. And American citizens are having their most basic rights infringed upon, with very little to show for it.​

What I don't like is the "If you see someone who doesn't belong, Snap it!" line, it makes kids go around and decide who belongs and who doesn't.
hide.gif

Quote:
I looked it up. Best I can tell Paul and one other member of congress voted NO. But that was it. Feingold being the only one in the Senate.

ON

Not really surprising. Dr. Paul has a reputation for being a one-man army in Congress, being the one "No" vote a number of times. Gotta say, Feingold gets big points for taking a stand on principle like that.
wink.png
I may not agree with a lot of what he thinks, but he's obviously got personal strength.

i didnt read the replies but yes its very fake..it says minitru at the bottom, a nod to george orwells novel, 1984. *sorry if someone already said this*

Back
Top Bottom