SAC ATTACHED! Please help me!

AmyA248

Songster
Jun 20, 2022
His sac is still attached! What do I do???
Please help!

Attachments

• CEB4D648-0896-4B29-AFAF-295DB673370A.jpeg
    CEB4D648-0896-4B29-AFAF-295DB673370A.jpeg
    424.3 KB · Views: 16
Again, if he comes out of the egg wrap him in a paper towel and put him in a small container/cup in the incubator so he can finish absorbing the yolk. You holding him will not provide the warmth he needs. The yolk sac itself looks like it'll take another 1-2 days before it's done or close to being done absorbing.
Good morning ma’am,

The yolk sac if half the size today. He’s very comfortable and is taking special electrolytes for weak and premature surgery ducklings and chics. He’s pooping and peeing on his own and seems stronger today, but anything can happen..
I’m trying so hard to save this precious baby. We won’t even turn on our air conditioning and it’s 95!! 😩
Fingers crossed 🤞
Thank you so very much for all your help and concern. ❤️

Just do what others have said and wrap it in a damp paper towel and put it in a cup. And leave it alone, the more you mess with it the less likely it is to live.
I did that and the yolk sac is half the size today. He’s taking water with newborn poultry electrolytes for weak babies as well.
Fingers crossed 🤞

Hi,
He just came all the way out and there is a little shell left by his yolk sac that I’m afraid to pull off. My friend who has been raising ducks for years said to tie off the umbilical cord.
I have no idea how to do this and the thought of it terrifies me.
Should I wrap him in a warm, most towel and put him in a little container in the incubator?
Maybe this pic will help if I should take the rest of the egg off..
Please respond ❤️❤️❤️
Thank you so much!

PS. I cut the rest of the shell off, it was bothering him.
He’s peeping and moving but seems week. Is he going to die?
We will be devastated, especially my little girl.. 😭
I don't know if it will survive or not.
Bacteria can infect the yolk sack pretty quickly. I spray my ducklings with Vetricyn on their navals.
I have tied off the yolk sac before. It is an option, but I'd see if it will absorb more on it's own first.

Back
Top Bottom