Sacramento Scofflaws Take Note!

Thanks for posting!!

I read the comments and am often frustrated. Sure, chickens aren't perfect for every situation or every person, but most of the time when I see negative posts about raising chickens it is because:

1) The person has absolutely no experience with backyard chickens and is typing out of ignorance
2) They have experience with chickens, but usually from a time where grandma kept 100 in a small coop and didn't care for them as "pets".

Every time I get the chance I ask them if they have visited the home of someone who properly cares for their chickens and provides adequate space for them. I try to encourage them to take a half hour and visit a good BYCer's home that has 5 - 15 backyard chickens (hens) and discover that they are much more quiet and less smelly / nuisance than the neighbor that has 3 dogs in their backyard.

IMO, if people are allowed to keep large dogs in their backyards then they should be allowed to properly raise backyard chickens.

Quote:
thumbsup.gif
x2

Quote:
I agree. Everytime someone finds out I have chickens they either tell me they would never have them because they smell or they ask if they stink yet:(

Back
Top Bottom