Sad day!

im incledly sorry for your loss... after even a few mounths i lost my parakeet...i still havnt goten over it in 2008 for 30 years it must be hard. not to be rud or anything but next time i would sugest a necropsy, reson wye you said it was the first day out after winter there could have been posiens out there that killed your loved one that might do to your other pets. but please do not take affence im just speaking from experence, and it so hard to lose 2 more because i never had the first necropseid

I can't imagine it,. 31 years,. how wonderful for him that he had ya'll to care for him,.
so very sorry for your loss,
hugs.gif

man!!!! i love that type of parrot i am so fascinated when i see a hyacinth macaw, i am so sorry, i lost a quaker about two years ago she was my best friend, i didn't tell anyone about it, cause i couldn't handle thinking about it, i was hysterical, my brother called about everyone including my mother to come to my house so i wouldn't have a heart attack, i am glad that you can keep better control of yourself i was a mess i couldn't do anything but weep, if it makes you feel any better i do know how you feel, to lose a best friend

Quote:
No offence taken. It wasn’t his first day out after winter. I live in SE Louisiana. He had been out three days the week before. He had only been in the house for one week before it was warm enough for him to go outside again. He only went out during the day time. He would be brought out in the morning given fresh water and food then brought in just before dark and given fresh water and food in the house. My wife was in and out checking on him and the other critters many times a day. There are no poisons used in our yard. He simply died of old age. We have four dogs, two chickens, two ducks and two gees that share the same yard. If it were poison I’m sure they would be showing signs of it. I’m not really interested in why he died only that he’s gone. I assure you he didn’t come in contact with anything toxic.

I am soo very sorry for you loss.

I'm a little concerned (selfishly), the reason I got my parrots is because I was tired of burying my furry friends. I got parrots because of their lifespan (that and I am addicted to birds). Is 30 years a long time for a Hyacinth? I though my macaws at least would outlive me.
sad.png

Although, Hyacinths do have strange dietary requirements.

I am terribly sorry for you loss. How heartbreaking for you. I know he will be greatly missed - what magnificant birds.

hugs.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
Most large hocked-billed birds live an average of 30 to 35 years. On rare occasions they can live as long as 75, according to books, although I’ve never know anyone that had one live past 35. Sinbad was a very picky eater and wouldn’t eat what he was supposed to. Probably contributed to his demise.

Here he is having coffee.

sin1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom