Sad hens???? resulting in not laying???

mdmdyer4u

In the Brooder
5 Years
Mar 3, 2014
So, I have 2 cinnamon queens roughly a year old, that laid pretty regularly, then I got a roo, (just to hatch some eggs from my own hens), then I decided to get rid of the roo, that was the last day I got eggs! this week will have been 4 weeks! I was told by another that they didn't feel secure now and they would get over it and start laying again, but no such luck yet! I feed layer crumbles mixed with fancy scratch. Will they lay again?
I have 10 youngsters that I feel pretty certain I have 3 roo's in the bunch, I think they should be ready to go in the coop next month, will those roo's make them feel more "secure"?
Any advice is very appreciated!

So, I have 2 cinnamon queens roughly a year old, that laid pretty regularly, then I got a roo, (just to hatch some eggs from my own hens), then I decided to get rid of the roo, that was the last day I got eggs! this week will have been 4 weeks! I was told by another that they didn't feel secure now and they would get over it and start laying again, but no such luck yet! I feed layer crumbles mixed with fancy scratch. Will they lay again?
I have 10 youngsters that I feel pretty certain I have 3 roo's in the bunch, I think they should be ready to go in the coop next month, will those roo's make them feel more "secure"?
Any advice is very appreciated!
[/quote/]

My ideas are that they were stressed by having a rooster since they had never had one before and then he left. Also, scratch can cut back on laying, so consider decreasing in that. Make sure they have calcium too.

They were laying daily with the roo though. 1 of the hens was even laying 2 a day occasionally....rare I hear? Now that hes gone they have stopped.

sorry....I don't know why my photo didn't post, I found her nest this morning behind the shop, there are 16 eggs in it! but that's just from one chicken. I fear the other is having some issues, she has laid 2 soft shells then nothing but yoke and egg white :( put her on straight oyster shell still no eggs from the first day I mentioned in my post above.

sorry....I don't know why my photo didn't post, I found her nest this morning behind the shop, there are 16 eggs in it! but that's just from one chicken. I fear the other is having some issues, she has laid 2 soft shells then nothing but yoke and egg white :( put her on straight oyster shell still no eggs from the first day I mentioned in my post above.
LOL sneaky hens!

Back
Top Bottom