Sad news about wonderful Georgie

Im so sorry i lost 2 of my hens yesterday due to my dog.
sad.png
Oh no, I'm so sorry, that's awful!

They will come and go if you keep on keeping chickens, unfortunately. I also have a Georgie, a 4 yr old Delaware hen. It's so hard to lose them when they go, but the alternative to me is worse--to never have those sweet souls in the first place. I have chicken footprints all over my heart from all the wonderful hens and roosters who have come and gone from my life. I just remember each one, their faces, eyes, voices, quirks, etc. They have enriched my life immeasurably.

RIP, sweet Georgie.
Oh, that really touches me. I just read it to my daughter, what good thoughts. I never would have guessed 2 chickens would become so dear to us.

This is so sad....I'm so sorry for sweet Georgie and for you , your daughter and other pets....
hit.gif

I'm sure your Kitty is mourning.....animals have more of a sense of these things, sometimes more than humans do.
I love and agree with the chicken footprints on our hearts idea....it is so true and so comforting. Our chickens always amaze me....they are so strong in some ways and so fragile in others. I hope your daughter is doing OK and that you have found a replacement to keep your other chickie company.
I have just recently felt the love and comfort of this wonderful community and I hope it brings you the same solace that it did to me.
hugs.gif

So sorry for your loss, this is the first thread I have read since joining,very sad. I have a flock of 25 and 5 of them are Brahmas. We are definitely attached to these five chickens. They have such a fun personality. I hope a replacement will bring new joy to your daughters heart and ease the emptiness of the others left behind. Good luck to you.
hugs.gif

Thank you for helping me start my day appreciating all the wonderful people and pets in my life. This video is bitter-sweet and I'm so glad you shared it with the rest of us.

Aw, thanks! Georgie was a well-loved hen. I hope you now have some Brahmas of your own to enjoy.
smile.png

So sorry for your loss, this is the first thread I have read since joining,very sad. I have a flock of 25 and 5 of them are Brahmas. We are definitely attached to these five chickens. They have such a fun personality. I hope a replacement will bring new joy to your daughters heart and ease the emptiness of the others left behind. Good luck to you.
hugs.gif
Thank you! And
welcome-byc.gif
I'm sorry that the sad thread was your first on BYC! It's not all sadness, though. There are so many happy moments shared with chickens that it almost makes up for the difficulty of losing one, as you probably know with your flock.

Yes, Brahmas are quite a breed. Their personalities are unmatched. We may be adding a Cochin as well as a Brahma hen to our flock to keep our remaining girl company and make up for the loss of Georgie, although that would be hard to do.

I wish you luck with your chickens and have fun at BYC! Be forewarned, though, your free time will now be filled up with chicken stuff.
wink.png

I was reading about Georgie in a post you made about "what gender" and just realized yesterday that you had the youtube "in memorial" link as a footer. I was shocked. So I searched your posts to find out what happened. I'm not sure I understand. You said the vet felt what appeared to be an egg, or a mass that was egg-sized inside and that her vent appeared like there was something wrong. Could you please elaborate? I have two little Brahma Light hens that are 29 weeks old now. One just started laying eggs this week and the other looks like she will begin shortly. They are our little girls and if there is something we should know about egg-laying or something we should do that you have learned from this experience, please share. My daughter is 17 and I know she would be devastated if anything happened like this, as would my husband and myself.

BTW - your video was a great tribute.

Thanks.

I am so sorry for you loss it brought tears to my eyes just reading it l have a huge soft spot in my heart for all of gods animals do know that you will see her again one day

Back
Top Bottom