Sad Update

I'm so sorry you have lost your baby.
hugs.gif
Everyone here understands.

So very sorry. You did everything you could do. I have a lot of birds, some get sick, some I can save some there is nothing you can do to pull them out of it..... I believe we lose our dear little ones because their is another that will need us more.
hugs.gif

Y'all are truly the best support group a chicken lover could ever have. Every time I've gotten upset I've reread your posts and it's made me feel much better.

Thank you all from the bottom of my heart!

I think everyone at Backyard Chickens can relate to what you go through losing a battle. While with your dog or cat there's the vet ,that most of time can turn things around, you really feel alone in trying to make decisions about sick roos or hens. It seems it's always trial and error and a lot of worrying that you make the best decisions. I had people smile as though my chickens problems are amusing but only those of us that deal with these special backyard pets really understand the bond you have. My heart goes out to you because I know the loss you feel. Our roo is very sick now and we'll probably experience the same thing tomorrow. Lots of joy and lots of heartache but they're worth it. God Bless!

I am sorry about your loss. You did your best but sometimes you have to do what you did so that she would not suffer. Don't be too hard on yourself. Sometimes putting an animal down is the best thing to do.
Caroline
Jax FL

Homer, how is your roo this morning? I truly hope you don't have to make the same decision I did. It's hard. But I'm here for you if you do.
hugs.gif

And ain't that the truth Ewe. The more attached, the harder it is. But the more worthwhile his/her time on Earth, I think at least.

Back
Top Bottom