Saddle shaped air sacs in several eggs!

Angie McMahan

Chirping
Dec 28, 2017
Hey guys, I'm 12 days into my first incubating experience. Started with 13 eggs, (shipped) and now have 8 developing fine. I've been candling and am now seeing saddle shaped air sacs in 3 of my eggs. Please tell me what to do...I am using the Brinsea maxi II advance bator. Temp is 99.6, eggs are turning, humidity is ranging between 35-41%. I am seeing movement in all of my eggs.

Thanks in advance, I'm learning so much and realizing I still have much left to learn! :)

I think I'd take them out of the auto turner, and turn them by hand. A lot depends on the location of the saddles. If the saddles are at the top, that is great. Does the turner keep them upright or have them laying down? For shipped eggs, I'd choose to incubate them upright, and perhaps even complete hatch upright. If @Sally Sunshine is around, she could advise. If she doesn't pop in, go to hatching eggs 101 and review the section regarding shipped eggs.

I also had that happen in my last hatch, with shipped eggs. I wasn't sure what to do so I treated them like normal and got 5/6 to hatch. I did have one that just slightly missed the air cell when he/she pipped, most likely because of the dip in the side. They ruptured a minor vein, and didn't make a lot of movement for a day or so, but one morning I woke up and they were hatched with no problems.

This isn't a good image and doesn't show anything but the saddling...
IMG_5082.jpg

I think I'd take them out of the auto turner, and turn them by hand. A lot depends on the location of the saddles. If the saddles are at the top, that is great. Does the turner keep them upright or have them laying down? For shipped eggs, I'd choose to incubate them upright, and perhaps even complete hatch upright. If @Sally Sunshine is around, she could advise. If she doesn't pop in, go to hatching eggs 101 and review the section regarding shipped eggs.
Thank you...How often would I need to turn by hand? And they are lying down pretty much

Back
Top Bottom