SADIE: Wing is off!!!! Pics

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by chilling in muscadine, Nov 5, 2008.

1. chilling in muscadine

chilling in muscadine { I love being disfunctual }

Jun 8, 2008
    muscadine, al.
    I found a vet willing to look at Sadie yesterday. Long story how I got my foot in the door but anyway she got a shot and a 14 day supply of meds. The vet does not do surgery on birds but I got a blow by blow description on how to do it myself. Basically it was the same info I got from dhyunicorn plus Shellyd2008 had the same idea. "YOU GIRLS ROCK"

Last night while I had Sadie loose in my brooder room she was running around playing and jumping. I could tell she was feeling a lot better. The hanging wing still bothers her but in a few days that will be gone for good.
    My PM is full so feel free to e-mail me me at mopuppy5@ netzero.com Positive replys only Please.
    Thanks, SARA & SADIE

Last edited: Nov 30, 2008
  2. Chickenaddict

Chickenaddict Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    East Bethel MN
    Awww i'm sooo glad to hear sadie is doing much better. I have been thinking about you both alot lately. She is lucky to have such a caring human mom like you to take such good care of her. YAY sadie!!!!!

3. birdlover

birdlover Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Northern Va.
    GREAT news, Sara!!!! Sadie rocks! [​IMG] Is the medicine baytril?

4. chilling in muscadine

Jun 8, 2008
    muscadine, al.
    No the med is tetracycline. Some forum members may wonder how I got baytril but this is a med I got from a vet to treat venomous snakes. There are some vets that will look at a snake for you and prescribe meds but will not treat the snake. It's all up to us to adminster dosage.

5. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    [​IMG]

Great news Sara!! Glad to hear I'm not as dumb as people think!! [​IMG]

6. chilling in muscadine

Jun 8, 2008
    muscadine, al.
    You are not dumb Shelly and I feel honored to becoming friend with you. " Pray for Sadie" Heres to you Shelly [​IMG]

7. kinnip

kinnip Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2008
    Carrollton, GA
    [​IMG] That vet rocks. I can't even find one who'll answer a question about chickens or goats, much less write a script.

8. Pumpkinpup

Pumpkinpup Poultry Princess

Jul 16, 2008
    North-West Georgia
    I'm glad Sadie is doing well. [​IMG] That's great news!

9. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

AWESOME!!!![​IMG]

10. jenni2142

jenni2142 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 16, 2008
    South Carolina
    I think it's wonderful that you didn't give up on her. I am so glad to hear she is doing well, I have been thinking of her daily. I hope she continues to improve and look forward to more updates and maybe a pic. [​IMG] WTG Sadie!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by