SADIE: Wing is off!!!! Pics

Sara,
I know what you mean about crying over a poem. I had to have my 32 yr old mare put down 2 years ago, I wrote a poem for her. I actually ended up making a shadow box and printing the poem out on nice paper and put it and some pictures in the shadow box.

It helps to have part of her with me.

I know you will always miss her, but think of how wonderful her life was while she was with you.

Quote:
There will always be a part of Sadie in my heart just a soon as I can collect all the peices to my heart and put them back together. I can not read that poem yet but I will have it framed with her picture just as soon as that day arrives. I have gotton the most beautiful frame to put them in and have picked out a spot in my house to hang it from. We had a special bond that I feel cheated out of. I don't think I will ever get as close to another bird as I did her because if it doesn't work out it is too devastating on me. I just hope where ever she is she is flying, enjoying her wings and is happy.

The pitt bull that attacked her I did rehome him. This is something I do not do. He was not a rescue I worked with to rehome. He was one of my dogs. I took him from my friend that was dying and he asked me to take the dog because he knew I would be good him. I couldn't even look at this dog any more. I think my friend that died would understand why I rehomed him. I don't think he would want me to be this unhappy with the circumstances with what happened. I did finally find him a home with no other pets and the man has plenty of time to spend with him. Also the man knows all about what happned so he can be on the ball if he needs to be about the dog. I didn't hind any info from him. I also could not live with the fact that the whole incident might or could happen again and what would happen if Snakeman and my neighbors were not home to stop the dog. I just want my heart back and to reach the day I will be able to smile about my Sadie girl.

Quote:
There will always be a part of Sadie in my heart just a soon as I can collect all the peices to my heart and put them back together. I can not read that poem yet but I will have it framed with her picture just as soon as that day arrives. I have gotton the most beautiful frame to put them in and have picked out a spot in my house to hang it from. We had a special bond that I feel cheated out of. I don't think I will ever get as close to another bird as I did her because if it doesn't work out it is too devastating on me. I just hope where ever she is she is flying, enjoying her wings and is happy.

The pitt bull that attacked her I did rehome him. This is something I do not do. He was not a rescue I worked with to rehome. He was one of my dogs. I took him from my friend that was dying and he asked me to take the dog because he knew I would be good him. I couldn't even look at this dog any more. I think my friend that died would understand why I rehomed him. I don't think he would want me to be this unhappy with the circumstances with what happened. I did finally find him a home with no other pets and the man has plenty of time to spend with him. Also the man knows all about what happned so he can be on the ball if he needs to be about the dog. I didn't hind any info from him. I also could not live with the fact that the whole incident might or could happen again and what would happen if Snakeman and my neighbors were not home to stop the dog. I just want my heart back and to reach the day I will be able to smile about my Sadie girl.

hugs.gif

I am so sorry to hear about Sadie, I have been away from the forum for a while and somehow miss these threads updating. too much activity on the forum...

Anyway, I just wanted to tell you that I do feel for you and have been reading just not much time to answer back...just wanted you to know that. and I hope Dickie is doing good too! So sorry really about sadie. Our little pygmy goat died in my arms and I cried for like 2 hours straight. and then sobbed the rest of the day and the next and the next every time I thought of him.

hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif

Quote:
Thanks so much, my eyes have been swollen for days but I could care less really. On top of grieving for Sadie, yesterday one of my dogs killed another one. These two dogs have lived in the same chain link fence together for over 5 years so my heart is getting broke again. I can't take much more.
hit.gif

Back
Top Bottom